Angled Shadows

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Commodorefirst, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Was out and about earlier last month, and was on the local bridge over the river (converted to pedestrian a few years ago) Bright Sunny day and the colors were popping, but I converted a portrait orientation shot to B&W and I like the way it turned out. thanks for looking,

Wade

[​IMG]

another few shots in color:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Wade:

Those are some seriously good shots. I like the b/w treatment you gave the first one. Accentuates the light and shadow play of the bridge. There's something so intriguing about b/w photographs.

The colors just pop on the other two. Very well done!

3. Interesting shots. I like the 2nd one best.

4. great composition...

I'm always a sucker for black and white, but I think even without that bias, I like the first one the best. It's a really great composition and the shadows on the road are just right.

Dave

5. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    thanks Lisa, and I would like to state that your "sisters" shot on your site is a great photo. thanks for the look,

Wade

6. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Re: great composition...

Thanks Dave, I have placed this image on my select site, I too liked the composition so it has earned a place on my Aesthetic art pages. Thanks for your comments.

Gordon, the second shot was my favorite color shot of the day, I like this one nearly as well as the black and white version, I tried a Bw of this composition, but the shadows weren't as strong compositionally and the colors just cried for the wide angle view. Thanks for your comments,

Wade