Animal Challenge Practice

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Chris101, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    In order to get some partial animals for the current Cafe Challenge I went where I could be pretty sure of finding some whole animals, the Phoenix Zoo!

This guy was my main objective, and here he is, doing his contortionist thing. Did you know they only get the red coloring from eating shrimp? I'll bet you did.
    [​IMG]

I saw this guy watching my every move. He's really got the dino-look down, doesn't he?
    [​IMG]

These bovines are native to Africa and said to be rare. I don't know how rare, because both Dave and Leigh have recently shot some.
    [​IMG]

Note that these aren't portions that represent the animal. I did get a representative shot of parts of the alpha male of this heard, but it's wrong. So wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. saturnine

saturnine Guest

That picture of the flamingo is amazing! Excellent detail and color!

4. Good job Chris, I've got to kick myself in the but and get out and find something for the challenge myself. I have had so many paid jobs this past couple of weeks that I just don't have the time. As a retired person I should not have to work this hard.

Love the flamingo image.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Chris. I like them all, but when I saw the 2nd I thought, 'what a nice avatar for Chris'. :twisted:

Well done. :wink:

6. Very impressive images

Love the first one ..

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice Series Chris..

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thank you Paul, Grace, Gordon, Frank, Yves and Dave! The encouragement is certainly worth while. The first one is my favorite compositionally, and I think I can even see the colors. The bull is just funny! And Becky asked for a print of the Watussi cattle to hang in her office in the Department of Agriculture.

It was especially fun to go to the zoo this week. I ditched work (heck, it's summer school - I'm allowed to play hookey once in a while! A good friend and collegue subbed for me) and went in the early morning and stayed until the clouds burnt off. The cloudy lighting was perfect of shooting for detail. I even remembered to set my WB in camera, so I saved a step in processing! :)

Yer breakin' my heart Gordon... ;)

9. Not to state the obvious, but those are the horniest cows I have ever seen.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Funny Scott, real funny.... :lol: