Animal modelling can be difficult sometimes

Discussion in 'Birds' started by vincebeus, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Today i wanted to test out my 60mm F/2.8 micro lens with Nikon T6 close up lens. So i talked with my new tiger who wants to test it out.

Tango felt flattered so he took a first pose for me a little bit serious one and he was looking straight into the lens!

[​IMG]

I asked him to losen up a bit but as you can see he was still very nervous and not really feeling fine. But he tried to not look straight at my camera!

[​IMG]

Then i told him some jokes about a mouse and a rat and a cat he really could not stop laughing no more so after this shot i called it a day and asked him to come back for a photoshoot an other time!

[​IMG]

I tried to do my best to be patience but sometimes there are other factors that can make a model feel a bit unfine with the situation.

Any tips or suggestions or remarks or other info is very welcome.

Greetings and thanks for viewing this posting,
    VinceBeus

2. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    The third one is hilarious! But with the 60mm, you must have been almost on top of him??

3. Yes i was very close. These animals want to know everything. I don't know even wich i took with the T6 on it and wich not. When i took of the T6 he wanted to go inside the 60mm because he saw the lens shine.

But it is really funny these animals find everything interesting. I don't look strange if i open one day my camera bag at a place i want to go shooting and find one of the little tiger cats in my bag!

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cute shots Vince. The third one is a hoot. 8)

5. Thanks flew,

I am wondering right now if he really was laughing about the jokes i told him or was he allready laughing about the lens he is going to attack to make me stop making photo's of him. I think i must go talk to him tomorrow morning and ask him why he was laughing. If he was lauhging with me about the jokes i told him or if he was laughing at me because of the sneaky plans he maybe is considering with my lenses or other gear.

I hope i can sleep tonight!

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Looks like you have a winning combination there--lenses and cat!!!

These are precious photos.

7. Great series - can't get my guys to stay still long enough to even focus!! Love the 3rd one *LOL*

8. Thank you for your kind reply.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

9. Haha yes i know that feeling with my cat who i had last year who died after 19 years of good life, i could hardly catch a photo of him i tried it over a 100 times but i have only 4 ok photo's of her.

But these ones haha they are very curious all the time and until now i have fun time photographing them.

Thanks for your kind reply.
    Greetings,

VinceBeus

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Kittens are really a fun thing to shoot. They especially love to play in paper grocery bags lolol

Or a little box on its side is fun.. Oh how about a ball of yarn.

Have fun..

they are adorable and keep sharing those great photos.

Yes the third is a hoot..

What was that joke ????? lolol

11. Gale i forgot the joke (hehe) but you are right paperbag or a upside down box is much nicer for a cat. Sometimes i see people buy very exspensive cat toys and special houses for cats. But a cat wants just things that make noise like a newspaper. Or some rope.

Thanks for your reply Gale.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus