Animal Zoo Antwerpen Belgium Part 1

Discussion in 'Birds' started by vincebeus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Here are some photo's from my trip to animal park in Antwerpen. With D2X - 70-200mm F/2.8G VR AF-S and 50mm F/1.4. My 70-200mm tends to overexpose a little bit. Any comment/advice/remark on these photo's are welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You have some beauties here Vince. Very nice series, I love the Meercat sitting on its rump. :wink:

3. Thanks for your reply

And thank you for letting me know the name of the animal sitting on its rump i wanted to know the name off that animal i like these animals so funny. It also plays in lion king.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Thanks for your reply

Actually Vince, I blew the spelling. Meerkat is correct (not Meercat).

Let us see some more. :wink:

5. Meercat

Ok thanks for the name i will look it up soon. I hope to contribute more photo's in the near future to this forum. It feels more comfartable here and relaxing here. I used to use dpreview. But there seems like warzone of photographer bashing and trolling between brands. I thought all people there would love photography seems everybody is looking at each other and complaining there. Really sad i see people with lenses i love to have and i am not jealouse on others gear. I must do it with the gear i have. And i have alot to improve with composition and whitebalance control. But i am getting there and learning more and more. I live in the netherlands so about 6 months a year it is grey weather. So i needed light strong lenses to have not to dull photo's. And because of indoor shooting in bad lighting i have to have these light strong lenses.

I just own the D2X i did not have the chance to control all the settings of the D2X i just want to get the feel of the camera what feels great. Learning to get used to the vertical grip. And the many focus area's. I am used to the D70 and F90x and F801. So D2X is simulair to these camera's thanks to Nikon consistancy. But it has much more settings to put your own taste into the color, tone, that i want to do that slowly so i know what i changed and what it changed to my end results. Also i must find different ways to post process my photo's new sharpening, saturation and other things to learn.

I am well pleased for the moment in the 2 weeks that i own the D2X and got my 70-200mm F/2.8 from nepal. I had first four days a bad D2X with lock up problems that kept crashing my D2X. Then the last 6 days i had the chance to go out and shoot two times because of the weather. And today i must pick up my D70 that is back from Nikon repair. So i must test that camera out if everything works again like it suppose to work.

So i can't wait to go out and make photo's again soon and test my 80-200 vs my 70-200 on both my D70 and D2X so i can see if want to keep the 80-200 AF-S or not. I think i keep it because i love the 80-200mm the quality it gives is so great, but i will see what the results give me and i hope to share the results.

Best Regards,
    VinceBeus

6. Cool shots Vince...!! You're right, much nicer over here... :D M

7. Thanks

Hi MGlennn,

Thanks for your reply. I hope to learn more about compositions. And i maybe it is nice to get the D2X ebook from Thom Hogan for some advance settings help.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus