Animal Zoo Antwerpen Belgium Part 2

Discussion in 'Birds' started by vincebeus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Here is part two of the trip to animal park in Antwerpen. With D2X - 70-200mm F/2.8G VR AF-S and 50mm F/1.4. Any comment/advice/remark on these photo's are welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope i don't have caused trouble for posting so much photo's!

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Another nice series Vince. I especially like the Orangutans. The look like a typical old couple sitting together. 8)

3. Thanks for your reply

The thing is with the birds and monkeys there where alot of glass at the monkey cages. And alot of fences with the birds. So i hope to go open animal park in the Netherlands soon. To make photo's without fences and glass. I only need to think if it is worth to buy a extender for the longer distance.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Thanks for your reply

Vince,

I have the TC-14 and the TC-17 that I use with my 70-200VR and 300 2.8. I like the 1.7 just fine, but the 1.4 is nearly as sharp as the lens by itself. I think that it is well worth it.

Another option is to look at the 300 f4. It is a very good lens, and can also be used with the 1.4 TC. That would get you out to 420mm at f5.6. Harris (Backdoctor) gets some great shots with this latter combo.

5. 300mm F4 i will look if i can add it to my lens park

I was thinking about longer lens. 300mm becomes 420mm with TC1.4 and then the crop factor 1.5x if i am right becomes a 630mm is that right. And on high speed crop a 840mm lens.

Or without TC1.4 it will become 600mm lens in hsc mode on d2x is this right how i see it?

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Vince,

It is true that you get the 1.5 or 2.0 crop factor, and that does make the image a larger percentage of your cam sensor, but it doesn't make a lens 1.5 or 2.0 times longer. I try to look at a 300mm lens as a 300mm lens, but understand that with a full frame cam, the resulting image would be a smaller percentage of the total frame than a DSLR with these crop factors.

OTOH, a TC will actually increase the optical length of the lens, so you do get 300 / 420 / 510 / 600mm with a 300mm lens and the 1.4, 1.7, and 2.0 TC's, along with the associated DOF characteristics that one would expect with lenses of these lengths.

Hope this answered your question.

7. Thanks for your information. It does answer my question.