1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ann Arbor, Mi motel info?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill N, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Bill N

Bill N Guest

I hope this is OK to post here. I gave a try at searching but I seem to be search impaired.

Looking for a motel near Ann Arbor, Mi. as my wife is getting her MS through U of M and has to drive down once a month, taking extension classes here in Traverse City.

Looking for something simple but safe and clean. Wifi would be nice. If you have any info you can pass my way please send a PM my way. Thanks, Bill

2. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

A. Days Inn Ann Arbor - www.daysinn.com - (734) 971-0700 - 34 reviews
    B. Bell Tower Hotel - www.belltowerhotel.com - (734) 769-3010 - 22 reviews
    C. Hampton Inn-Ann Arbor South - www.hamptoninn.com - (734) 665-5000 - 33 reviews
    D. Lamp Post Inn - www.lamppostinn.com - (734) 971-8000 - 21 reviews
    E. Fairfield Inn - www.marriott.com - (734) 995-5200 - 35 reviews
    F. Red Roof Inns: Ann Arbor - www.redroof.com - (734) 996-5800 - 16 reviews
    G. Hampton Inn Ann Arbor North - www.hamptoninnannarbor.com - (734) 996-4444 - 28 reviews
    H. Extended Stay Deluxe Detroit - Ann Arbor - www.extendedstayhotels.com - (734) 997-7623 - 20 reviews
    I. Red Roof Inn - www.redroof.com - (734) 665-3500 - 12 reviews
    J. Courtyard-Ann Arbor - www.annarborhotelsdirect.com - (734) 995-5900 - 28 reviews

3. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Thanks, Dave. Could you share what you used to search out these? I would be interested in reading the reviews. Thanks, Bill

4. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

I googled Ann Arbor, MI motel

5. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Thanks, did do the google thing. A ton of motels that ranged in price like I wouldn't believe! I know we have a number of members in that area of Michigan that might be able to narrow the search down a bit. We're looking for inexpensive but safe and clean. My wife just broke her ankle and I will be driving her down for the first stay or so. Then she will be going down on her own. Thanks again. Bill

6. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    My advice - stay IN Ann Arbor. Ypsilanti will be cheaper, and is nearby, but I wouldn't spend the night there.

7. Why not? A couple of weeks ago I spent four nights at the Red Roof Inn in Ypsilanti during the Thunder over Michigan air show and had nary a problem or incident.

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I'm 'bout an hour from Ann Arbor, but if she runs into anything down on this end of the state, and needs a hand, she's welcome to give a yell...

9. Because, Ypsi has really nice parts and really bad parts. And when I mean bad I mean bad. And sometimes the bad parts go over to the good parts...

That said will her classes be on North or Central campus? And will she want or be able to use her car? Let me know and I'll ask my brother. He got his degrees (everyone has a blacksheep in the family) from there and was a Deputy in the county. He should know the best/safest place to go in the area.

10. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
  11. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Well said. My wife got her master's at EMU, and some classes went until after 9pm. Needless to say, I had her call me as soon as class was out and talk with me until she got to her car.

12. rmi1

rmi1

Jan 14, 2008
    Western Hemisphere
    Central Campus
    There are several hotels around Briarwood Mall (I94 & State Street) with lots of parking if there's not a home game at the Big House. The only hotels I know in central Ann Arbor look moderate to expensive. Parking in central AA is about $1 hour.
    North Campus
    You may want to look at the hotels on Plymouth and US23 or Carpenter Road & Washtenaw Ave.

Ypsi is a considerable distance from any UofM campus.

13. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Thanks for all the info and offers of assistance here! I knew this place was one of the best when I first found this site some time back.

Andy, it is just a one day a month thing she has to do. The rest is all done online. I'm still trying to figure out what part of the campus she is going to.

I guess I better figure it out soon as I have to drive her down the 5th of September! After her ankle heals up she will be going down by herself unless there might be something going on I have an interest in, then I might tag along. Thanks again folks, it really is nice being able to reach out like this.
    Regards, Bill

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.