Annie and Andrea - Best Friends

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Annie and Andrea are two teenage girls that live in my neighborhood and they are best friends. D2H, 85mm f1.4, multiple flashes, soft box, octobox, SU800.

Annie:

original.

Andrea:

original.

Blowing hair:

original.

Pensive:

original.

On a chair:

original.

Attitude:

original.

2. Hi Gordon

Lovely shots!! You may just get me away from my landscape predisposition!

3. Very nice. Beatufil photos of two beautiful girls. I love the pensive shot.

4. VERY good stuff! The windy one is a bit too wispy for my taste but that's just me.

5. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    All are very nice! the chair is the one for me. seems to be in deep thought.

HHARRIS
    :)

6. Very nice Set.

I really like the "Attitude"-shot

7. Very nice sir! I assume you are still using speedlights...?

I'm getting some folks contact me occassionally now to do portraits that would prefer me come to them. Since my alien bee rig sits in the basement collecting dust, I've been thinking about selling it and trying a SU/SB-800 setup for more mobility.

8. Thanks, I too used to shoot landscapes almost exclusively but I have found there are other things just as interesting.

I like that one too so glad we have some common ground. I appreciate your comments.

I hear you Woody and I agree. Actually this is the first time I have used a fan so we will chalk this one up to an experiment. Thanks for taking the time to post in my thread.

Hey Harris, thanks a bunch. Both young ladies were trying their best to follow my directions. They are very inexperienced in getting their photo's taken so nothing came easy.

9. Excellant Gordon, the young ladies and parents are surely well pleased with the series.

10. Thanks Darrell, they haven't seen them yet but the parents have given me permission to post them onto my Pbase site and here as well.

11. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    sweet work gordon! Mind sharing a little more info as far as how many flashes and placement for shot number 1? Love the first and last best! Nice control

12. Very nice set Gordon.

I'm learning from your posts all the time. Shooting people is much much more difficult than shooting birds.

13. The last shot is my favorite: the look, the composition and the B&W. :smile:

14. Thank you for your nice comment and for your interest in lighting. I used a SU800 on camera and a 50" softbox at about 45 degrees to my left and in close to the subject. This softbox had two SB800's mounted inside it. To my right was an octobox umbrella with a SB800 and lastly I had a SB600 mounted on a boom to the rear of the subject and about 4 ft over her head. I balanced the lighting by adjusting the levels with the SU800 from my camera postion. The SB600 hair light was set on manual at 1/64 power. It had a cardboard snoot to lessen spill.

Thank you Phil, I like the challenge of taking people pictures. I now have all of the speedlights, reflectors, diffusers and stands I need to do the job and it is now just a matter of using them properly.

Thank you very much Gretchen. I like the B&W for this image as well.

15. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks gordon!

16. Gordon, these are wonderful shots. I like the blowing hair one; I can't think of a lovlier smile; you nailed it.

Rich

17. Your welcome

Thank you Rich, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

18. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I love these Gordon! Nice job getting them to display very realistic expressions/emotions.

19. Gordon,

Very nice portraits. Since they are best friends, we need to see one of them toghether :).

20. Hey Fred, I appreciate your nice comments.

Thanks and since you asked:

original.