Annie Leibovitz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lbhs_rwb, Jul 25, 2007.

1. lbhs_rwb

lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    Florida
    She's going to be on oprah at 4:00 EST today.

2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Bet she gets ribbed about the queen thing...

:biggrin:

3. lbhs_rwb

lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    Florida
    Nope, they didn't even mention it.

...I think the queen was just full of herself (obviously)

4. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    But then she is the Queen...

5. There are certain protocols that need to be observed when dealing with Queen Elizabeth. Obviously AL was not made aware of them. Same as the dreadful gaff Bush made when she came to the USA; but mind you he probably would not know any better anyway.:eek::eek::eek:

The resulting pictures from AL session really are very good although somewhat similar to those taken by Lord Lichfield many years ago.

Bob F.

6. Darn, missed it. I have tremendous appreciation for AL.
    There was this great special on her last winter on "American Artists" (or something like that) - absolutely a treat to watch.

7. That whole AL / Queen thing was totally wrong. It was NOT how it was portrayed originally in the media. The footage was mixed up on purpose to supposedly show the Queen leaving the session angry. The footage, in fact, was the Queen hurrying TO the session.
    The media has apologized to the Royal Family and to AL for this false portrayal. Unfortunately, everyone only remembers the original story posted.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6294472.stm

8. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    that was a nice read Sandi

9. Sorry. I assumed that you all knew that the footage was wrong and shown incorrectly. The BBC and the production team has come in for a lot of criticism about it. The thing I was alluding too was the removal of her crown for the photo.

Bob F.

10. Bob, I figured you knew about that gaff and the correction, I was just stating this for the others who might not have heard about the 'correction' by the BBC. The Queen has far too much class to go stomping out of any photo session. She'd just freeze AL with an icy stare instead. She takes her job very seriously, and so she should with all the hard work she's put into it. We'll never see another like her, that's for sure!