Annual Kite Festival

Real Name
Philip Armitage
Every year early in February there is a kite festival and on the Saturday and Sunday lots of kites are flown and its a lot of family fun. This year for the first time we noticed some kites with lights attached and they look kind of cool in the evening light. My aim was to wait till it was quite dark and get some long exposure shots to see how it came out. When the light was right the wind dropped and most of the kites were put away but I did get a couple of shots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking the other way the after sunset light over Kapiti Island was quite nice so I grabbed some longer duration shots in that direction as well. The first one I was up on the grass above the beach, the next two down by the waters edge

Fabulous set! I really like the colours and reflections in the last two and number three is especially beautiful. How I wish I was out there again.

What are the black patches in the sky in the first one? Smoke signals or a barbie? Or neither?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom