1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Annual Spring Shoot on the Virginia Eastern Shore

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by MParker, Jan 9, 2013.

1. It's time to start planning for the annual spring shoot on the Virginia Eastern Shore. For those of you who might not know, there is a group of Cafers from the mid-Atlantic region that get together each spring and fall for a long weekend of photography on the southern end of the VA Eastern Shore. It involves sunrises, sunsets, landscapes, birds, wildlife, waterscapes, fun, and good food.

This year I'm proposing that we meet in the usual place, Cape Charles, on April 11-14.

Let's begin a list of those that are interested. If you are please post here or send me a PM.

A draft proposal of some things we can see and do will follow in a few weeks.

For new members and for those of you who have been to either of the two shoots in the past but did not join us in the Hudson Valley this past October, we have some news. That trip was so successful that we agreed, by acclamation, to replace the fall shoot in Cape Charles with a Huson River shoot each October. Stand by for news.

2. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    I might be able to come, but if so, only for Saturday and Sunday... my April plans are still in flux. I'll let you know.

3. Me 2

I definitely want to go to CC this year. Basically my most enjoyable trip because of the friends I have made and who attend every year.

4. sbruno

sbruno

Jul 20, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    My calendar looks clear, so I should be able to make it Fri-Sun. Looking forward to seeing the gang again!

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I should be giving a course on the 13th - waiting to see what the other instructors have to say about the 13th.

6. GreyBeard

GreyBeard

Oct 7, 2007
    Maryland
    You can count on my being there!

7. JRowe

JRowe Guest

I'm interested.

8. Some rental places available in Cape Charles
    Bay Creek Resort Rentals, 331-8750

Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, 403 Tazewell Avenue, 331-2838

Cape Charles House B & B, 645 Tazewell Avenue, 331-4920

Cape Charles Vacation Rentals, 555 Mason Avenue, (800) 421-1481

Casual Cottages [rentals], 212 Monroe Avenue, 331-4679

Chesapeake Bay View B&B, 212 Bay Avenue, 331-2087

Fig Street Inn, 711 Tazewell Avenue, 331-3133, www.figstreetinn.com

Hotel Blue, 239 Mason Avenue, 695-3838

Hotel Cape Charles, [Closed for the winter] 235 Mason Avenue, 695-3854

King's Creek Inn, 3018 Bowden Landing, 678-6355, www.KingsCreekInn.com

Rittenhouse Motor Lodge, 23054 Lankford Hwy, 331-2768

Sea Gate B & B, 9 Tazewell Avenue, 331-2206

Shore Stay Suites, 26406 Lankford Hwy (south of Cape Charles), 331-4090, www.shorestaysuites.com

Sunset Beach Resort Hotel, 32246 Lankford Highway (south of Cape Charles), 331-1776, www.sunsetbeachresortva.com/

There are others available through Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) at www.vrbo.com

9. Another B & B that is south of Cape Charles near the Bay Bridge/Tunnel is the Baywood. A few of us have stayed there a few times and can give them a high recommendation. It is located about 15 minutes from the center of Cape Charles town center.

http://www.thebaywood.com/

10. Victor Shilo

Victor Shilo

Oct 22, 2010
    MD
    I will join you on Sat and Sun.

11. pinn8

pinn8

Mar 3, 2010
    Virginia
    Cc trip

I will try to be there on Sat and Sun. Scheduled may not allow both this and WV, though.

Steve R

12. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one as I had hoped. Have fun!

13. Can I bring my beagle (seriously) ?

14. Some hotels allow dogs and some don't I think. I do not know about the rental houses in and around Cape Charles since I don't really know the owners of most of them. I'm guessing it would be OK.

15. Has anyone considered renting a house? I would like to join in if you have. And, if dogs were allowed I would love to bring mine - a Cavalier King Charles. It is a small dog, about 20 pounds, and just loves people. If no dog allowed I will leave her at home - no big deal.

16. I'd love to join, and see everyone again, and finally get my camera out for a dedicated photography weekend. I put it in my calendar, and plan on making it, with Seth. He may try to sail down there. Or we'll bring kayaks again.
    I think it would be fun to see dogs.
    Kristin

17. GreyBeard

GreyBeard

Oct 7, 2007
    Maryland
    Do the dogs require model releases? :) 

18. def not this one

[​IMG]

19. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Norm, I won't be there to rent it, but my usual house on Pine Street does in fact take pets. I can put you in touch with the owner - but I can't say if he'll give you as good a rate as he gives me. :wink:

20. That is a great avatar. :biggrin: :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.