another 500D example

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Nov 23, 2005.

1. I'm certainly NOT putting a critique icon beside this photo, it's just put here for an example of the clarity of this filter on an existing lens for anyone who's thinking of getting one. As Jarrell said, this filter creates a very thin DOF so you have to tripod it and push right up to the f22's and above if you've got it. You can see in this shot how shallow the DOF is even at f/22.
    BTW, there's another little surprise in this shot (Jarrell told me to post this shot up and see if you can see the surprise).... check the EXIF!
    Cheers, Sandi
    original.

Attached Files:

2. Icon or not, I think this is a spectacular shot, Sandi!!

3. Dern, made me decide to keep mine!
    Dave

4. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Iso

Sandi,

I hope everyone noticed the ISO used for this wonderful shot.

5. Beautiful shot Sandi and that is a pretty high ISO.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    How about another?? :biggrin:

[​IMG]

7. Wow Frank, that's amazing. The detail is out of this world.

8. Thanks Kevin, it was more of a shot to test the DOF at a high ISO (1600 with NO noise!!) rather than composition or subject matter. I was pleased with the result, rather than purchasing and lugging around a separate macro/micro lens. Thanks Don and Gordon... I keep forgetting this camera has beautiful high ISO's and forget to use them. Trying to change my brain. When I originally sent this pic to Jarrell, there was no way he'd believe the ISO so he told me to post it up here to show folks.
    Since the cold & grey weather has set in, guess I'll just have to wander over to the shops and get myself a bunch of flowers and practice my 500D shots. Lots of fun.
    Frank, that is a great spidey shot - very difficult as those critters don't usually sit still very long. Did you use an off-board flash for this? Excellent lighting.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sandi,

This was taken with the SB-800 mounted on the D2H.