Another 55-200mm VR Sample

G

Gr8Tr1x

I got my haircut this afternoon, and since I don't like leaving my gear in the car, I brought it in with me. I offered to take my hairdressers picture (and I got a free shampoo out of it). This lens isn't too bad....

Bummer that I left it on ISO 640....but otherwise it seems sharp.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Camera NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D200
Exposure Time 0.0166s (1/60)
Aperture f/5.0
ISO 640
Focal Length 55mm (82mm 35mm)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gr8Tr1x

That's odd... I never heard of this lens. This sure is a sharp image! Looks great ISO 640 or not.
The 55-200mm DX is the long tele-zoom kit lens. Samples from it that I have seen were not that great. Nikon just announced the new 55-200mm DX AFS VR at PMA in March. They are trying to offer low, entry level options to compete with the in body stabilization of the competitors. I like that its able to focus closer than the other 70-xxx zooms and its a bit wider.

I snagged this at the camera to see if it was any good...and so far, I'm impressed...it was only $249.

You can see another post I made about it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amadorcity

Great Image

Nice capture. It seems a bit inexpensive for a VR lens.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Nice capture. It seems a bit inexpensive for a VR lens.
Maybe they;re losing money on it...sort of a loss leader so people Dont buy Sony , Pentax or Olympus....I don't even think Canon has something this inexpensive.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Forget the lens, the lady is gorgeous.
She was hesitant at first, saying she didnt have any makeup on. Check those teeth too...perfect as far as I'm concerned...and No, I didn't 'shop' those choppers.

First I've heard of this lens. Sounds like a bargain.

Free shampoo huh? I don't think they even have shampoo where I get my hair cut!:smile: They give a heck of a straight razor shave though!:eek:

G

Gr8Tr1x

First I've heard of this lens. Sounds like a bargain.

Free shampoo huh? I don't think they even have shampoo where I get my hair cut!:smile: They give a heck of a straight razor shave though!:eek:
Aside from my 50mm 1.8, I don't think I've ever bought a lens that was this inexpensive...even used!

My intial impressions are favorable.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom