Another bag question (Flipside owners)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by threecats, Sep 30, 2008.

1. My post about the slingshot type bags has led me to reconsider. Still seems to convey all the weight to one shoulder. My question for Lowepro flipside owners: Will my Gitzo fit in the tripod carrier? The total closed height with ball head is 26"

thanks,
    glenn

2. Glenn, I've got a Flipside 300 and really like it. It has become my everyday bag. I've carried my Gitzo 3540 with a ballhead on it many times. The way you carry a tripod is OK but not stellar, IMO. There's a pocket where you put the tripod feet and a strap to secure it.

3. Hi Glenn,

I have the Flipside 300 and carried a 25" tripod with no problems. Your tripod will extend about 6" over the top of the bag. For me, the lower pocket holds 2 of the legs. The tripod never fell out during 4-5 hour hikes, but I haven't tried running with it. I just picked up the Flipside 400 (one can never have too many bags!)- it's bigger, has an extra storage pocket on the front, bigger waist strap, and a pull-out raincover similar to the slingshot. But the raincover can't be used when you have a tripod attached. I've been really happy with the flipside because I can change lens without putting the pack down - it's like a small table. So I hoped I answered your question - let me know if you want more info.

Vivian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.