Another battery grip post

If you have big hands like me the battery grip is a good investment. It holds two batteries so you get twice the amount of shots (so it says) and a larger, better grip on the camera.
This one is a Zeikos. I ordered one for my D40 after getting this one for Christmas.

Without the grip.
aff7abef.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With the grip
af0ee367.jpg

I agree with you tom but not becuase of big hands. I always get or try to get a camera that makes grips because of the added battery and fast shooting.

I like the grip on the D5000 so uch I bought one for my D40
4cd0418c.jpg

It's a shame the D7000 grip holds one battery while you need to keep the second in the body. Makes no real sense as far as quick changing batteries.

I really don't like the grips because they make the camera to bulky and heavy - particularly when used with smaller lenses. Despite my dislike, I recognize their utility and use them often. I've got grips for The D700/300, F100, and F3, but only use the D700/300 grip regularly.

For small cameras like the D40, it definitely makes sense to add a grip for comfort.

I have no need for extra size/weight on my D300s. I just bought an extra battery and carry it in my pocket.

I have no need for extra size/weight on my D300s. I just bought an extra battery and carry it in my pocket.

I have no need for weight either but the weight of the grip is small and having a place to hold is worth it. I can't see myself ever removing them.

I have the Zeikos grip on my D90, primarily for easier portrait orientation shooting --- I like it a lot.

It's a shame the D7000 grip holds one battery while you need to keep the second in the body. Makes no real sense as far as quick changing batteries.
It makes more sense when you consider the new battery last twice as long as the en-el3. I use the original battery in the grip and nothing in the body. The AA carrier filled with rechargables is my backup. GH

I have the Zeikos grip on my D90, primarily for easier portrait orientation shooting --- I like it a lot.

Is the AE-L/AF-L button on your battery grip rubber? I got the same grip today and thought that it was supposed to be plastic (like on the D90), but turns out that it's rubber..

I love the MB-D11 for my D7000. It balances a lot better with long telephotos and makes it a lot easier for portraits, which is the main purpose of it. The single battery holder doesn't bother me much. I, too, have a battery grip for the D40 but it's collecting dust on the shelf. The battery lasts so long in the camera as it is and for me, it just defeats the purpose of the D40 which is supposed to be a very light and compact DSLR. I also don't like the fact that the shutter release button doesn't autofocus.

I really like my MB-D10. Going from a D2X to a D300s, I knew I had to have the grip, and actually bought it with the camera. I love the EL4a, I don't know how people live with having to charge the battery every day! I just hope the D700's successor doesn't make me buy a new grip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom