Another car...........

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Sep 12, 2008.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    adding Lucis Art to my workflow following some settings from Bob which were much appreciated.

So, if this works my thanks to Bob...if it doesn't ....blame me!!!

best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

2. Ray,

I especially like the grill area of the car with Lucis ........ I have sent you a PM with settings. I don't know if you did this with the old settings or new setting? The silver part of the car looks a little grainy to me .......

Best,

3. Like it Ray, Grain, I'm not a expect but I can't see it, another good one, 57 corvette might have better eye's, I'm not even sure what pp you are using.

Darrell

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Bob and Darrell

Panicked when I saw Bob's note about grain....

I looked on another monitor and could not see it....

Just wondering if my settings may be different to what Bob is using on his monitor?

I have had a look but am struggling to really pick up grain?

I must thank Bob though as I have been using Lucis to finish images off and had some problems and Bob has kindly helped....

Bob, this was really my own go at it as I have e mailed re the settings you gave me as I was having some problems....I know you will get back when you get a chance...

Look forward to hearing from you...

Best wishes

Ray

5. Hi Ray, nice photo.
    Im not really one to comment, but it looks like its been upsized, and some areas LOOK pixeled, or like its been sharpened, maybe just me.
    Have you still got the original, I imagine it would look great, thanks.

6. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Tom

It is actually two images merged.

The original had the car with a not too good surrounding area....I had a small image to put at the back..the diner...

I then blended the two together....guess that may have created some pixelation!!! Deliberately pushed the car to the front....hence it looking larger....it is probably because the original b/g would have been proportionate whereas using a smaller B/g and pulling to shape may have caused some pixed distortion...I think...!

Got the original from a car site...must find it and post for you

Best wishes

Ray

7. Ray,

I sent you a PM after receiving your e-mail ... really sorry for the wrong info on DPreviews. The screen shot you sent me (done the way I said to do it) was the incorrect setting. I have sent you the correct setting ....... really sorry about my blunder.

Perhaps I used the wrong word here .... maybe grain is not correct. To me there is something not right on top of the silver part of the hood ..... perhaps over-sharpened?? or pixelated as the other poster mentioned ...... in any event, over-all a nice job and gald you're back to posting the car photos.

Best Regards,