Another Choo-choo

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chris101, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    From a nature walk I took at Juniper Wells Ranch (west of Prescott, AZ) last weekend:

[​IMG]

This is an unusual panorama, in that I did not swivel the camera, but rather kept the camera steady and took 3 shots as the train passed. Because of this, the perspective is slightly different on each shot, and the train seems to be turning slightly toward the camera.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Chris,

That is a beauty.

I really like trains.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Gale.

Wow, you must be just waking up, and I'm just getting to bed! Have a great day, er, tomorrow... :)

4. Very good capture... I just love the rumble of big trains and always stand next to the tracks when they go by (waving so they know I"m not a jumper LOL). It's nice to see a clean engine too, and very colourful.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    My kids love trains (well, Thomas the Tank Engine and Percy) :D I'm thinking of taking them up the see the Chattanooga Choo-Choo....My oldest saw your train (he'd almost 3) and said "that's so awesome"...yeah, he's got an amazing vocabulary. But he's right...your shot really is cool.

7. That is very interesting Chris and yes I can see the perspective shift. We can always count on you for something out of the ordinary. Well done.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Sandi, Paul, Leigh, Gordon and Bryan! I didn't set out to be a train photographer, but when one rumbles by, I usually find myself reaching for the camera. Box car graffitti is another thing I like a lot, but it's much harder to get decent shots of it, as it's usually going by 3 cars ahead at 60 mph

.Paul, here's a breathing train for ya (it's the Grand Canyon train):
    [​IMG]