Another Choo-choo

Real Name
Chris
From a nature walk I took at Juniper Wells Ranch (west of Prescott, AZ) last weekend:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is an unusual panorama, in that I did not swivel the camera, but rather kept the camera steady and took 3 shots as the train passed. Because of this, the perspective is slightly different on each shot, and the train seems to be turning slightly toward the camera.

Very good capture... I just love the rumble of big trains and always stand next to the tracks when they go by (waving so they know I"m not a jumper LOL). It's nice to see a clean engine too, and very colourful.

My kids love trains (well, Thomas the Tank Engine and Percy) :D I'm thinking of taking them up the see the Chattanooga Choo-Choo....My oldest saw your train (he'd almost 3) and said "that's so awesome"...yeah, he's got an amazing vocabulary. But he's right...your shot really is cool.

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Sandi, Paul, Leigh, Gordon and Bryan! I didn't set out to be a train photographer, but when one rumbles by, I usually find myself reaching for the camera. Box car graffitti is another thing I like a lot, but it's much harder to get decent shots of it, as it's usually going by 3 cars ahead at 60 mph

.Paul, here's a breathing train for ya (it's the Grand Canyon train):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom