1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another Clingman's Dome Shot

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by rbsmith, Aug 1, 2007.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Doug's post of shots from Clingman's Dome reminded me of some shots that I took there last year. Clouds were moving in and completely covered the area before we left.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Absolutely gorgeous shot, Rex! (I feel like I'm there.)

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks John. I have several that I really liked but had forgotten about them.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Wow Rex, I've been outdone. This is amazing. I just love Clingman's, it really puts you back with nature's way, it's another world up there!!!

Doug

5. wow, VERY nice!!

6. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks Doug. I really envy you being so close to the Smokey Mountains. I love landscape photography. But there is not a lot of to shoot around here.

Thanks Dave

7. Beautiful capture, Rex!

8. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Your not the first to envy me Rex, and I DO appreciate how fortunate I was to have been born and raised here and to have stayed here. There are more dramatic places at times, there are higher elevations, more snow, there are oceans, but all in all, for 4 distinct seasons, and the variety of things to shoot here year round, I am blessed. Very blessed.

Doug

9. That's an amazing shot!!!

10. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks for the comment, David.

May the next time I'm up that way you can show me some of your spots.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

11. that's it...now i want to go there....great place to shot. thanks db

12. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    It's a beautiful place. Especially in the fall. But if you go then, be prepared for the crowds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.