Another day in the garden

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Mart61, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    these are very nice.. what is it your looking for and maybe some of us can help

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks Tim. I find I seem to have to take an awful lot of shots to find any worth working with. I think maybe I'm beating myself up over something that's not so easy to control.

There's been a slight breeze in my garden the last couple of weekends and, with the depth of field being so small when shooting macros, I have been trying smaller apertures. However, in doing so, the shutter speeds have reduced, making the shots blurred for another reason. That, coupled with a moving subject as a result of the breeze, isn't making things easy...

:smile:

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    welcome to the world of Macro.. i understand about the wind blowing and trying to get the results we are looking for... I find my keeper rate is much lower doing macro then anything else.. also I find the more really nice shots I get the more I think my others are not that good..just keep shooting...

5. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks for the input Tim. I'll just keep snapping!

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Been tinkering with the tripod on the camera when shooting macro. It helps!

Dandelionflower.

7. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I sure enjoyed your garden sequence! Nice work!

Lisa

8. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    wow on the yellow.. great job.. reach right out and touch it.. and smell it..

9. I lke the 3rd one.

I would never think to photograph this, but seeing yours, I might have a go and see what I can do.

Pam

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are all very pretty
    Ladybug doing what they do best. Eating the aphids:))))

11. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    They are all beautiful shots.

12. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks y'all

Did I tell you, one of the ladybirds bit me! Obviously didn't like having its picture taken!