Another day of F15 action in the Mountains

Real Name
Andy
Excellent set. By showing the F-15 with nothing but terrain behind it, there is an urgency and a beauty to these photographs that surpasses the typical blue sky background. Very nicely done.

Real Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent set. By showing the F-15 with nothing but terrain behind it, there is an urgency and a beauty to these photographs that surpasses the typical blue sky background. Very nicely done.
We always try to get them landlocked, although this is not always possible.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Barry, add my kudos to the long list here. You did a great job of making these look powerful and fresh. I am impressed by all of them. And a little bit envious!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
What I wouldn’t give to see this in person. I am so glad you posted these; I was just thinking about your photos last week and was missing them. You have a fantastic collection this time; and number five for me is just unreal! 😁

so amazing.. we have a place in the west USA called Star wars canyon, but yet to have shot there, but would like to..
great shots.

I hate looking at these but can't stop! If I was there and had a job back in the states I would loose the job cause I wouldn't go back. I would be up there begging for food and drink and memory cards with a solar charger never to leave.

GREAT GREAT STUFF! some of the best. But I am curious. How many exposures do you take over a given period of time? Not that it matters of course.

Again, Very very good stuff. Congrats!

Real Name
Barry
I hate looking at these but can't stop! If I was there and had a job back in the states I would loose the job cause I wouldn't go back. I would be up there begging for food and drink and memory cards with a solar charger never to leave.

GREAT GREAT STUFF! some of the best. But I am curious. How many exposures do you take over a given period of time? Not that it matters of course.

Again, Very very good stuff. Congrats!
That day we had 18 F15 passes, plus a few others. And I would had taken about 800 shots throughout the day (Not all in focus, and some only had bits of aircraft)

798_dsc_4389.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

so amazing.. we have a place in the west USA called Star wars canyon, but yet to have shot there, but would like to..
great shots.
Yes that is also on my bucket list to visit. I have family in Minneapolis, so it will involve a long drive from there.

Yes that is also on my bucket list to visit. I have family in Minneapolis, so it will involve a long drive from there.
[/QUOTE]

I've heard of that location as well.
I think they also refer to it as "Rainbow Canyon"
I definitely need to take a drive up there.
Its less than 200 miles from where I live.
This should be about the right time to go.
Death Valley is just now getting to cool down some.
Way too hot to go there in the summer.
120 degrees plus.

Real Name
Barry
I've heard of that location as well.
I think they also refer to it as "Rainbow Canyon"
I definitely need to take a drive up there.
Its less than 200 miles from where I live.
This should be about the right time to go.
Death Valley is just now getting to cool down some.
Way too hot to go there in the summer.
120 degrees plus.
[/QUOTE]

Not really knowing the USA well. What sort of distance in miles and driving time is Rainbow Canyon from Minneapolis.

Not really knowing the USA well. What sort of distance in miles and driving time is Rainbow Canyon from Minneapolis.
[/QUOTE]

The nearest town is Panamint Springs, CA
From Minneapolis it is 1839 miles, 28 hours driving
You can get an inexpensive flight from Minneapolis to Las Vegas.
Rent a car there and drive 175 miles west to the destination.
Or you can fly to LA, rent a car and drive 220 miles north to the destination.
On Southwest Airlines the flights from Minneapolis to Las Vegas range from $50 to $105 in January.
If you decide to book with Southwest you can only do it online through their website.
They do not work with any of the services like Travelocity but the airfares are good.

Last edited:
Real Name
Barry
The nearest town is Panamint Springs, CA
From Minneapolis it is 1839 miles, 28 hours driving
You can get an inexpensive flight from Minneapolis to Las Vegas.
Rent a car there and drive 175 miles west to the destination.
Or you can fly to LA, rent a car and drive 220 miles north to the destination.
On Southwest Airlines the flights from Minneapolis to Las Vegas range from $50 to $105 in January.
If you decide to book with Southwest you can only do it online through their website.
They do not work with any of the services like Travelocity but the airfares are good.
[/QUOTE]

Thank You for your info, I suspect a internal flight will be the way to go.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom