Another Denali View

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SteveK, Apr 3, 2007.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    I thought I'd share another view of Mount McKinley. The jumbled up greenish colored slope just across the river valley is the Muldrow Glacier. All of the lower part of the glacier is covered with old morraine; bushes and even small trees grow on the morraine, while ice still lies below. The person in red is my wife, Marybee. This was photographed early in the morning (4AM) near summer solstice.

[​IMG]

2. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

The detail of the little hicker is SO GREAT!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty.
    Sure is bright a 4 AM lolol
    How do you learn to sleep on any schedule in Alaska.
    All dark or all light and then in-between:>)))
    Nice to see Marybee in an image

4. Beautiful view. the hiker really makes the shot, I can just hear her yodeling:smile:

5. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    I'm one of those terrible people who wakes up normally at 4-4:30AM, and I find it real easy to get up at 3AM. Marybee of course is just the opposite, a night owl who often stays up past midnight. She likes curtains in the summer, I don't......

Thanks! She enjoyed helping. I was looking through my viewfinder, and having her move around to just where I wanted her. Meanwhile a wolf ran by in the valley between us. It was the second wolf photo on my post a few days ago: (https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=109080)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    Never enough pictures of that rock.

Love it!

7. Love the hiker - she makes the shot!

8. The mix of colors in one scene is wonderful!