Another desert shot...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Jonathan F/2, May 2, 2005.

1. Anyways, here's another desert shot in Nevada. Shot with the D70 and 18-70 DX.

[​IMG]

2. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!!! That is one of the coolest shots I have ever seen. WOW!!! :D :D :D :D :D

3. Sweet image. Real nice.

4. I've done that drive soooo many times. I'm going to guess that the CA/NV border is off to the left there.

Great shot! Those clouds make all the difference.

I'll be in Vegas this weekend, you've got my blood boiling for it!

_/oe

5. Very very nice!

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    very nice...good eye finding the scene. did you visualize it in B&W before the shot or after during processing?

7. I don't know, clouds always look cool in B&W. I just shoot what I see!

8. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    That's one for the wall, Jonathan. Very nice.

Tom

9. Thanks, I really need to start printing my photos, I'm too darn lazy!

10. Now this is nice Jonathan. I much prefer it to the previous posing of the same area? This image grabs you and takes you into the dessert.

Thanks for posting

Bohdan

11. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    This is a super shot, great capture and great post processing.

12. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I really like this shot. A babe on the side of the road would have been a signature Jonathan F. pic. :)

I love it nonetheless

13. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Jonathan,this one is great it's got the right atmosphere

14. Wonderful B&W conversion with great tonal range. Well seen and taken image.

15. Dirtyharry71

Dirtyharry71 Guest

can you post the original colorversion ?

16. Sure, here's the unprocessed version...so you guys can sweat my uber post processing skillz yo! :p I don't care if I post-process, from an artistic POV, it's my shot, I can do whatever I want. :)

Processed with signature Jonathan F. treatment:
    [​IMG]

Unprocessed boring reality with no JF treatment:
    [​IMG]

17. very nice

I'm partial to b&w in the first place, but I love the composition of this one. I especially like the highway running off in the distance on the left.

Dave

18. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    This is excellent! Ilike all the elements in the photo. From the curve in the road leading up to the vanishingpoint to the BW conversion. well done!