Another Desert Snow

Snow Fog Bull Mountain-5727.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very nice. I like the muted scene and colors. Do you have a composition with less sky and more of the snow covered rocks?

Very nice. I like the muted scene and colors. Do you have a composition with less sky and more of the snow covered rocks?
Thank you! I don't have another with the muted feel of this one. The weather was changing drastically as I was going along. Here's a crop that might fill the bill.
Snow Fog Bull Mountain cropped-5727.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thank you very much, and especially thanks for the suggestion!
Your welcome! Did you try just cropping a bit off the top of the first one and leaving the width as is - sorta like a pano crop? See which crop you like best! LOL!

Your welcome! Did you try just cropping a bit off the top of the first one and leaving the width as is - sorta like a pano crop? See which crop you like best! LOL!
Actually, I just automatically kept it proportional. You're right, this works, too! I think I like this crop more than the previous one. :)
Snow Fog Bull Mountain pano-5727.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Actually, I just automatically kept it proportional. You're right, this works, too! I think I like this crop more than the previous one. :)
View attachment 1677886
You did take a bit off the bottom...try to keep the bottom as if and just move the top. In the original there is more dark showing on the stone to the far right......

You did take a bit off the bottom...try to keep the bottom as if and just move the top. In the original there is more dark showing on the stone to the far right......
Thanks, you're right on that. I must have slipped somewhere, didn't mean to crop the bottom. The extra foreground does add to the picture. I appreciate your help!
Snow Fog Bull Mountain pano corrected crop-5727.jpg

I prefer the first version. It makes me think about what it is like to be out in that weather, I can almost feel it. For some reason the slight crop on the others feels 'cramped'.

I prefer the first version. It makes me think about what it is like to be out in that weather, I can almost feel it. For some reason the slight crop on the others feels 'cramped'.
Thanks for the feedback, Fred. Both versions do tell a different story. It was very interesting hiking in the snow and hail. Glad I wore my long johns!

Latest threads

Top Bottom