Another Dose OF H.S. Football

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by eng45ine, Sep 11, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I shot these yesterday and had a better experience with my settings. The sun was slightly obscured by some high Cirrus clouds which was definately appreciated. All shot with a D2H and 300mm f/2.8 in aperture priority, f/2.8. +0.7 eV Comp, Matrix metering around 1/2,500 sec.

Sacked!!!

Getting that extra yard
    View attachment 15221

Three Step Pass
    View attachment 15222

Can't Touch This !!!
    View attachment 15223

As always, I am interested in knowing what I can do to improve my sports images. Please feel free to offer your opinions so I can do better in the future.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank,

These are awesome! They are sharp, show lots of movement and you held the whites! You must be very proud of these...I know I would be. Looks as though they were all having a very good time out on the field. Thanks for sharing.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice work Frank.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Leigh,

I am learning by trial and error...but these came out pretty good. I may try a bit less +eV next time depending on the lighting. Overall, I'm satisfied! I appreciate your comments.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Dave...as I mentioned above...I'm learning by trial and error. This week wasn't too bad.

6. Brew

Brew Guest

As I kind of stated in my 6th grade thread, these are what I strive for, just outstanding!!!

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much, Bruce. I appreciate the compliment very much.

8. exposures

Great captures of a fast moving sport. I'm most impressed with what appears to be perfect exposures. Sports teams should consider the hassles they create for us photographers with those uniforms that include dark colors combined with gleaming white :smile:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Tom...isn't that the truth. I just walked in the door from shooting two games tonight, our team wearing light blue over navy blue...and the visitors wearing white over white. Geez!!!

10. At least...

At least the Raiders (my best bud's fav team) are silver& (vs. white&) black :smile:. But you are developing the knack.