Another fantastic vintage weekend at LRP! 8/31/13 (Image Heavy)

I love this place! You're not herded into a grandstand, but can wander about anywhere you want. Even in the pits. Most of the drivers/owners are super friendly and like to chat. Always a great time there...

All the track shots were with my D2h and 80-200 AF-S. I like Antique camera gear too! :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This series sir is beyond cool great captures and your shots made it look like you had fun. Shows you don't need a huge investment to get great shots just the talent that you obviously have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beauties! Well done. LRP is my favorite spectating venue. Just goes to show you that it's not the gear!
Thanks Tom and John. I bought the D2h on eBay two weeks ago for $150!
I couldn't believe the seller accepted my offer. 212,400 clicks, and the sensor was absolutely filthy. I mean nasty. It took a while and I used up a bunch of Eclipse and pec pads to get it sorted out, but the thing ROCKS. I had one before, and missed it when it was gone. I swear the D2 series are bullet proof.

I had the 80-200 AF D for a while. It too renders nice images. But again at that course, you dont need great length.

I was there in 2001 for a Porsche Rennsport reunion. All I had then was 50 1.4 and 70-210 on my FE! I literally bumped into Roger Penske in the paddock as he was getting ready to take a drive in a 917.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Wonderful series of photo's Roger. I had to clean my keyboard of drool after viewing No:5 You certainly get what you pay for.
Cheers.
Mike

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Just an awesome series.

Just about any camera lens combo can do good work it it was good at one point in time in the past. Takes a good eye and talent to do the rest. Your shots are proof of yours.

Well done.

Wade

I have been to that event before at Lime Rock and I agree with you that the track is perfect for taking pictures. Out of all the events that I have gone to at Lime Rock, including ALMS and Grand-AM, the vintage race is still my favorite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
more....More....MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonderful photos, thank you very much.

And please....if you have more....I can always put on a bib to keep my keyboard dry.
Here ya go Bob. LINK to more from that day. If you want to see other events from that venue, click the SmugMug link in my sig. and look in the Racing gallery.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This site is a constant source of inspiration.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom