Another Flood . . .

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DianeR, Dec 20, 2005.

1. So glad I caught these in their prime - frost got 'em last night! :frown:

2. Very nice Diane. I would never have thought to use the flood filter here but it really looks nice.

3. It's beautiful, Diane

4. Thank you both! Just never know till you try. However, I agree with an earlier thread responder on another forum, that one can get "carried away" with some of these filters and I think the trick is to try and use it unobtrusively - in other words, not screaming FILTER! On the other hand . . . :wink:

5. lovely use of the tool

6. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    On first sight I did not notice that you used a special effect. It is really a very nice result. Could you please explain where to get this filter

7. very nice Diane :smile: love the effect

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good Work Diane, I love it :>)))))))

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Creatively use

Hi Diane

Now that is creative and beautiful.

As already said - had to look a while before I noticed the flood...because it works so well. Sometimes the flood overpowers but you have used it to create a beautiful image - well done.

All the best

Ray

10. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thanks a lot

11. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    After playing around with the filter I must say that you did a great job. It seems quite difficult to look it natural.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The trick to blend is the clone tool. soft small bursh. set opacity down about 20%.. start there. go over it a couple times .
    Experiment so you get a nice transition :>)))))

Diane may have used layers and masks.

I am not that good with those :>))

13. Thanks Ray and Gale - actually, I'm an airhead when it comes to masks - can't figure them out but must say tho' that I haven't really sat down with the manual to figure it out. :rolleyes: So, no masks or layers used here. Sharpened a tad then ran the flood filter and accepted the default slider setting. I think when you close the filter down, it remembers the last setting used and it just happened to be the perfect setting for this image. How about THAT for luck!!!???:biggrin: And Voider, don't give up - it really is quite simple to use - you just have to work with the "right" image and don't be afraid to play with the sliders and click on the dice to get an idea of some of the effects. :smile: Oh and Gale, your idea about blending with a soft brush and/or reducing opacity is a good one but I've never done that with mine. Thanks for the idea!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Diane,
    when I did the scene with the two photogs at Viera in the water. Retouch, feivel, told me how to transition the water and ground. :>))
    Gee I miss Feivel.

Use clone tool, low %, soft brush.

I was amazed I could do that ...lolol
    Had to try a few times. But got it.

Yes amazing you had the right setting right off.. Good one :>))