Another focus stack.

Really nice Ron! Beautiful!
Thanks Steve.
Ron, that is an absolutely beautiful capture and what I would refer to as an “inspiration piece” that made me start to take an interest in macro shooting and toying around with it. Such beautiful color and composition, very nicely done.
Thanks Chris.
Awesome shot.
Thanks Dan.
Superb image! Beautifully composed, captured and processed!
Thanks Karen.
Fantastic work Ron.
Thanks Louie.

Real interesting image, I agree with others-I like that you stopped the stack where you did. Very nice work Ron. I'm just starting to experiment with FS myself. Thanks for sharing.

I'm using a CamRanger Mini and have a Z6 along its way to me. What is easier about using the Z camera?
Well, it eliminates the need for the Camranger as far as collecting the images. It has a mode called Focus Shift Shooting. I set it up to collect each set into a different folder, time between each shot at 1 second, and have Silent Photography on so it is totally quiet. You set the number of steps and step width. Having the touch screen really helps since you can trigger the start with a touch on the screen.

Thanks for the explanation, Ron. It makes sense.

Having the touch screen really helps since you can trigger the start with a touch on the screen.
For those following along, the CamRanger or any external device will also trigger the start using a phone's touch screen and perhaps using a computer's touch screen.

I'm looking forward to using the Z6 built-in focus bracketing (called focus shifting) and comparing that to using the Z6 but controlling the focus bracketing using the CamRanger Mini.

Really nice Ron! Beautiful!
Thanks Steve.
Ron, that is an absolutely beautiful capture and what I would refer to as an “inspiration piece” that made me start to take an interest in macro shooting and toying around with it. Such beautiful color and composition, very nicely done.
Thanks Chris. Macro shooting is fun, in part because you don't really see all the details until you process the picture.
Awesome shot.
Thanks Dan.
Superb image! Beautifully composed, captured and processed!
Thanks Karen.
Fantastic work Ron.
Thanks Louie.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom