1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another Golf First

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kwf1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Like Chris (Aqualung), i had my first try at golf and found some critters on the course also. I was only able to stay a couple of holes (about an hour), most of the time waiting for them to tee off. I did not get to photograph all the players, as I had another assignment to cover. I want to try again when I have a little more time. What am I doing up so late, or so early. sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Bert

Oh! D300 & 200-400

B3C5535-5x7wtmk.

B3C5448wtmk.

B3C5538_1_wtmk.

B3C5459wtmk.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  2. holy cow Bert, you are a night owl. that first one is classic w/ the ball in the frame, very nice. you sure had the menagerie on the course, Geoff & I weren't quite so lucky...:wink:

3. :biggrin:Chris we did have some geese.

Anyways some good shots.

4. Kurt

Kurt

May 30, 2006
    North Boston, NY
    First one does not look sharp enough or too heavy a crop from the original frame. The rest look good except the big copyright dead center. The ball in frame on the third and sharp golfer work well as does the flying grasses

5. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Kurt, thanks for the comments. I did a quick, tad of sharpening on the first one. Not a heavy crop, did it in aperture and it does not state the percentage of crop, otherwise I would tell you. Unless it does and I just don't know how to read it.

Stayed up way too late, have to run,
    Bert

6. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Thanks Chris and Geoff, I would have loved to have been on the course with you guys. Although, it might have been a media overkill for a regular high school game. :) 

"Geoff & I weren't quite so lucky..."
    Don't be so modest, You and Geoff always have fantastic shots, I eagerly look forward to seeing them. I always learn something new.

Bert

7. Bert can't remember where your at, but I will be in Tampa for Thanksgiving, and plan on taking a little drive for a day or 2 to Miami. Let me know. Thanks, maybe we can shoot somewhere in the little time that I am there.

8. Great comp on the two gold shots but as Kurt mentions they are a little soft not sure if it is the focus or a large crop, I am guessing a large crop on the first shot

9. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Hey Geoff,

I am in Key West. My son will be down for Thanksgiving, so I will be sticking around the house while he is here. Miami is a 3 hour drive, so I would not be able to make it, but I do look forward at another time.

Thanks,
    Bert

10. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Thanks Mike,

It wasn't a very big crop. The soft focus has bothered me, but I think that I might have had my hand partially on the zoom ring and also on the focus ring. I probably just bump it off a bit. I am guessing. I have done that before on the 200-400 lens.

Bert

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.