Another Granny picture

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I can't believe I am going to be brave enough to post this picture. This is sort of a getting to know you kind of post. I have many things in my life that give me great joy, but this lttle guy is right up there with the most precious things. My daughter and her husband went through all sorts of problems, tests, miscarriages, etc. before having a successful pregnancy. Anyway, here is the latest of him--the first with me. My daughter snapped the picture. I will treasure it, imperfections and all.

Both of these were taken with the D70, kit lens and SB800. I have only had the flash for a week. Please constructive criticism is always appreciated. (No comments on the wrinkles and grey hair of the granny, though). :D

How do you avoid blown highlights on water shots, like this one?

View attachment 10351

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Congratulations to the whole family :>))

Darling baby.

What wrinkles and grey hair...

On my screen they just look like the need to be lightened up a bit. But don't trust my monitor :>))

Good job Gal

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for pointing out that they look too dark on your screen. I would be interested to hear what others think about the brightness and exposure. Because of his white shirt, I turned down the exposure on the first when converting.

Now that I think about it, I wish I would have bounced the flash on the second. There are just too many things to remember.

4. Terri,

Those aren't blown highlights, they are specular (sp?) highlights and cannot be avoided. They are reflections and by the time you reduced your expose to hold them everything else would be black.

Woody