Another Hutong Shot

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JustinD, Jan 7, 2006.

1. I spent the afternoon wandering around some of Beijing's hutong (narrow alleyways) with a friend. I spotted this boy walking down the path and grabbed a shot. Your comments appreciated on whether or not you think the image is compelling or not and/or the conversion.
    goingtomarketBW.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee

Nov 27, 2005
    Alabama
    Hi Justin,
    My first reaction was to move on to other postings, then I had to come back and take a second look. That alone speaks well of the image.
    I like the composition. The wall on the left, AND the walkway tiles on the ground, lead the viewer's eye straight back to the subject. I would say your choice of B&W for this image is dead-on. The original color image is probably dull and dreary - unless the boys jacket is brightly colored and I suspect it is not - but converting it to B&W makes it a work of art! If anything I would suggest a bit more contrast to liven it up. You have a winner here.
    Well done.
    Robert

3. Thanks for the comments, Robert.