Another Juvinile BCNH ...

Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
731
Location
Montreal area, Canada
Probably my favorite shot of it ...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


EXIF:

Date/Time 03-Aug-2005 11:29:50
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2X
Flash Used Yes
Focal Length 200 mm
Exposure Time 0.62 sec
Aperture f/13
ISO Equivalent 250
Exposure Bias +1
White Balance: 6300K
Metering Mode matrix
RAW
Exposure Program aperture priority

I was at least 50 feet away ... I am thrilled with this one.

Taken this morning
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Yves,

I just got a new monitor. Feel Like i am seeing in fantasy land..

Good Grief this is so beautiful :>)))))

WOW WOW WOW
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
731
Location
Montreal area, Canada
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Gale said:
Yves,

I just got a new monitor. Feel Like i am seeing in fantasy land..

Good Grief this is so beautiful :>)))))

WOW WOW WOW
Thx Gale, I was using a Blue Gold polarizer filter on it. The colors are from the filter more than anything.
 
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
1,602
Location
Québec, Canada
The bird is very nice but that give some great expectative for my future shot with running water, that's fabulous.
 
F

FlyingFlowers

Guest
WOW Yves!!!! Everything about this photos is so beautiful. Great job.
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
4,657
Location
Athens Greece
It's NOT the monitor Gale :-D ... Yves is trying to make us all burn our cameras and start knitting...!!!

Excellent photo Yves, actually I was thinking of you today, while driving from a walk where there was a glorious sunset with clouds and thought that the BG CP sould work perfectly. So, I pick up my phone, called Nikon and ordered one... ;-)
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
731
Location
Montreal area, Canada
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
Panos Kazanelis said:
It's NOT the monitor Gale :-D ... Yves is trying to make us all burn our cameras and start knitting...!!!

Excellent photo Yves, actually I was thinking of you today, while driving from a walk where there was a glorious sunset with clouds and thought that the BG CP sould work perfectly. So, I pick up my phone, called Nikon and ordered one... ;-)
I am flattered you thought of me, I hope it was in good thoughts .. :shock:

Thx for looking. the BG pol is rarely anything but stunning.
 
G

greggebhardt

Guest
Boobie Joe said:
Panos Kazanelis said:
It's NOT the monitor Gale :-D ... Yves is trying to make us all burn our cameras and start knitting...!!!

Excellent photo Yves, actually I was thinking of you today, while driving from a walk where there was a glorious sunset with clouds and thought that the BG CP sould work perfectly. So, I pick up my phone, called Nikon and ordered one... ;-)
I am flattered you thought of me, I hope it was in good thoughts .. :shock:

Thx for looking. the BG pol is rarely anything but stunning.
Need some sunglasses with the same color, would like the whole world to look like this!

Does not get much better, Let me go and hide my camera!
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
1,196
Location
Brooklyn, NY USA
wow wow wow that is one stunning photo, I love the colors. And that effect is subtle enough so that you really wouldn't guess its not 100% natural (well, I didn't guess until I read through the posts.) I may have to get me one of those!
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Yves,
thank You,
Now I KNOW I really want one......Gorgeous.

I knew they were great before. Just did not know how great. Did not know how bad my monitor really was...

Even my own look better. Went through my gallery and sure see a difference. Deleted quite a few.

I can not imagine the reprocessing needed.
But will only do the ones that go to print.

Thank Goodness I have a real pro that does my printing. I would never even consider doing my own.
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Beautiful pic Yves, that filter really set this off. Was this little guy in the shade, dang I think I would have blown him out. LOL.....rear sync flash.
BTW are you sure he is not an ornament there!! ;-)
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Masterful display of photographic artistry. 8)

When I see shots like these I have two impulses:

1) Toss my gear in the trash and take up another hobby

2) Try as hard as possible to learn how to even come close to this level

I can't afford to do #1, and I'll never be able to accomplish #2, but at least I can try. Thanks for providing the inspiration that makes us all better. :wink:
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
731
Location
Montreal area, Canada
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #16
Flew said:
Masterful display of photographic artistry. 8)

When I see shots like these I have two impulses:

1) Toss my gear in the trash and take up another hobby

2) Try as hard as possible to learn how to even come close to this level

I can't afford to do #1, and I'll never be able to accomplish #2, but at least I can try. Thanks for providing the inspiration that makes us all better. :wink:
Now wait a second Mister ... :D

#1 will not be an option ever because you will try #2 and you will indeed succeed. It is a combination of light, filters, camera, experience a,d a bit of luck too ...
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom