1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another keeper from the 16-85...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by itsmike, Oct 2, 2008.

1. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Well, The Big Brown Truck just dropped of part 1 of my Lighting package I put together.. 60" Umbrella, Stand, and Vivitar 285 ( I really don't want to risk the stand falling and killing my SB-800).. One of my 1st shots with this set up. I had the Vivi shot into the umbrella about 5 feet away from her. I am still waiting on Part 2 of my package to arrive (Friday).. Genisis 200, stand, and umbrella. More pics to come.. and a lot of experimenting until I master using these new toys..

This is shot with the 16-85VR.. Love this lens!!!!!

DSC_2818.

2. Hey Mike, nice shot...
    I'm guessing there will be a lot of playing and experimenting going on this weekend...
    Looks like you getting some great shots out of that 16-85....

3. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Wally, Thanks for the comment.. Oh Yea! there will be some Shots taken this weekend.. I am really considering picking up a light meter.. But I cannot justify the Cost just yet..

4. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Nice shot and conversion Mike. Definitely use some sandbags on that rig as even a small gust will send it falling over and most likely kill the umbrella in the process.

5. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Thanks Rich, As for Weights, I have 25Lb dumbbells that I can prop on the leg supports. That should Hold.

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Sweet shot. I just did a trade here for the lens, I can't wait to get it!

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    This is a really nice composition, well done. A slight sparkle from the eye might have been nice too, just a thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.