Another keeper from the 16-85...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by itsmike, Oct 2, 2008.

1. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Well, The Big Brown Truck just dropped of part 1 of my Lighting package I put together.. 60" Umbrella, Stand, and Vivitar 285 ( I really don't want to risk the stand falling and killing my SB-800).. One of my 1st shots with this set up. I had the Vivi shot into the umbrella about 5 feet away from her. I am still waiting on Part 2 of my package to arrive (Friday).. Genisis 200, stand, and umbrella. More pics to come.. and a lot of experimenting until I master using these new toys..

This is shot with the 16-85VR.. Love this lens!!!!!

DSC_2818.jpg

2. Hey Mike, nice shot...
    I'm guessing there will be a lot of playing and experimenting going on this weekend...
    Looks like you getting some great shots out of that 16-85....

3. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Wally, Thanks for the comment.. Oh Yea! there will be some Shots taken this weekend.. I am really considering picking up a light meter.. But I cannot justify the Cost just yet..

4. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Nice shot and conversion Mike. Definitely use some sandbags on that rig as even a small gust will send it falling over and most likely kill the umbrella in the process.

5. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Thanks Rich, As for Weights, I have 25Lb dumbbells that I can prop on the leg supports. That should Hold.

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Sweet shot. I just did a trade here for the lens, I can't wait to get it!

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    This is a really nice composition, well done. A slight sparkle from the eye might have been nice too, just a thought.