Another lens hits the pavement

God, I must have a case of dropsy or something! This is the 3rd lens I've dropped now. Not to mention the 200-400 that won't work properly either! At least I didn't drop THAT one! The 12-24DX f4 Nikkor I just got from Dave here is broken. I was heading out to shoot the exotic cars Sat evening, and set the 12-24 of the hood of my car while I fumbled for my keys to unlock the car. Next thing I know, I hear "that sound", the sound of a lens hitting the pavement. It didn't even have a lens cap on it! The glass looked ok, but found out a bit later that it won't focus anymore, either in auto or manually, and has to go in for repair. Man, this hobby is expensive enough without having to send the equipment in for repair all the time!

Hey Steve,
I am the one with weak hands and arms... hummmmmm

Bad news-sorry to hear it.

K

Ken-L

Look at the bright side. :shock:

No one could possibly continue to have such "bad luck", so now that you have used up all your bad luck, you could probably juggle some lenses and not drop one! :roll:

Really, try it! :twisted:

Steve,

that's awful luck with those lenses :(

I"m thinking of you and hope Nikon can fix it--that would be good news.

Best to you and those doggies, Pierre and Bunny.. Here's Reggie,one of my three. Hope his smile cheers you up,

Gaye

28382450-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Gale,
I am reading the forum but with this slow line this summer it's hard to do much more than read. So I"m sort of keeping up. I go home in early
September and then back to the fast line. Right now I can't download the pictures and sure miss doing that.

I had to respond to Steve's 'lens bad luck' story. We can all relate to his misery and I'm sure he needs much support right now :lol:

Congrats on the new 80-400VR and don't ever let it go again--and thanks for the nice comment about Reggie, our 'wonderdog' :lol:

Gaye

Steve,
I just had to say how sorry I am to hear of your setbacks. I wanted you to know that you are not alone. I dropped a 77mm Circular Polorizing lens once for about a $200 loss when I thought it was screwed in but wasn't. I am sure that everyone at one time or another has had a similar experience whether it is with a camera or some other thing of value.

Hang in there, this to will pass.

K

Ken-L

As my great-grandmother used to say: "That should be the worst thing that ever happens to you."

Latest threads

Top Bottom