Another look at Nikon P&S...Advice Requested

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Aqualung, Jun 14, 2007.

1. hi all,

Tho' I'm a Nikon SLR guy, I've tended to select Canon P&S due to their faster startup time and lower shutter lag, and outstanding images. Bought my youngest daughter a PowerShot A540 and her older sister PowerShot SD630 this past Christmas.

I'm about to buy one for my wife who is not a heavy camera user, she basically fits the P&S model target buyer very well.

One of her primary requirements would be image stabilization. I've been looking at some Canon PowerShots - A570IS or SD750IS (for smaller form factor).

I'm willing to look at the new crop of P&S cameras that Nikon just released, i.e. the Coolpix L12.

My budget would be $200-$350....Any suggestions welcome.

TIA

2. d50&d70freak

d50&d70freak

Mar 27, 2009
    holland
    both the coolpix l12 is good and the powershot a 540 from canon (better manualcontrols than the nikon) but the nikon has VR and the caonon has that not ..

3. How on earth are two year old threads getting resurrected???

4. yeah, I just saw this....thanks for the help/advice guys, but I bought the wife's camera quite awhile ago :smile: