Another macro/focus stack from last year.

Since stacking is a busy subject the last few days, here is a feather from last year.

A 28 image stack, Nikon Z7, 105mm f2.8G, put together with HeliconFocus.

I need to get a picture of me doing this. Z7, screen out parallel to the ground, on a short tripod inches above the ground, hunched over the lens to see when the sequence is finished, and passers by wondering what is going on...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great detail, interesting subject.Water drops add a lot.

;)I can image you shooting this - perhaps someone took a picture of you to show their friends - a "nutty" photographer.

Great detail, interesting subject.Water drops add a lot.

;)I can image you shooting this - perhaps someone took a picture of you to show their friends - a "nutty" photographer.
Thanks Allan.
Need to search EVERY online forum. Sheesh, where is image search these days for us common folk.
I'm sure it's already gone viral on the Internet and you haven't noticed it.

Seriously, I like this image even better than the photo of the cone and mushroom.
Thanks Mike.

Very well done, Ron. I like it.

Your pine cone and mushroom were also 28-image stacks. Was that just coincidental?
Mostly coincidental, although the front to back depth was about the same. I listed the camera setting, may have been able to eliminate some frames from the tail end of the sequence and not effect the final image. Just lazy.

After the sequence is finished I look at the final frame to make sure the back of the subject is out of focus. If not I increase the count and do it again. Yield is pretty low on these. Really helps to be able to put each sequence in a new folder on the card.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom