Another mind blow "skill"

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
just computer programming, each bounce of ball equals the next note. He isn't hitting the correct notes on each bounce, and it is a flat keyboard, not real notes. all he has to do is time his juggling bounces to be in approx rhythm. I have done the same on keyboards at work and school all the time. MIDI, Easy to do except for the timing on the juggling part. The juggle timing does take some serious skill but not as much as you think. They keypad is simply one large giant note.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Ummm...not too sure if I believe this one. :rolleyes:

I'm not thinking he actually played the piano with those tennis balls. Rather, I'm thinking the piano was pre-programmed so that it would play when he bounced the balls (or any other object) on it.

Not fake, just computer programming, each bounce of ball equals the next note. (...) The juggle timing does take some serious skill but not as much as you think. They keypad is simply one large giant note.

So it is fake. Fake = misrepresenting reality. If the "piano" were a giant drumpad it wouldn't be fake. But he's moving over to various keys, pretending to play the piano where in reality he isn't.

I'm sure it takes skills - I could never do it. It also takes skills to be a magician and (pretend to) saw somebody in half. That doesn't take away from the fact that the saw act is still fake.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
So it is fake. Fake = misrepresenting reality. If the "piano" were a giant drumpad it wouldn't be fake. But he's moving over to various keys, pretending to play the piano where in reality he isn't.

I'm sure it takes skills - I could never do it. It also takes skills to be a magician and (pretend to) saw somebody in half. That doesn't take away from the fact that the saw act is still fake.

seeing his act before, he never states he plays the piano, just the "bounce Piano" so not really a true fake, as sated he does misrepresent reality, but he never makes any claims that I have heard, he always states he plays the "bounce piano", he lets everyone else alter reality for him.....:biggrin: the best kind of act.

I will however for you, edit out the words not fake, but it still did happen because it was a real performance, only the piano was "fake" tricky word that as.

But as far as a real piano, not it isn't, however, much like any keyboard that is electronic or doesn't use hammer or strings, even if they depress, they are also "fake" pretend pianos too.... or fake drums, or anything electronic that sounds like another instrument, All fake, which could be an interesting topic on a photo forum, fake or real how much post processing is to much? When does it become fake? :wink::smile:
Wade

which could be an interesting topic on a photo forum, fake or real how much post processing is to much? When does it become fake? :wink::smile:
Wade

Indeed, some interesting parallels... Don't we all too often have discussions on when a picture is "photoshopped too much" - forgetting that the picture never was reality in the first place?

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Indeed, some interesting parallels... Don't we all too often have discussions on when a picture is "photoshopped too much" - forgetting that the picture never was reality in the first place?

Yes Yes and Yes! :biggrin: Which is why I got a chuckle out of your response to my verbage!

Yeah, I saw something like this years ago (maybe the same guy) and got the point right away. I think he's misleading people, which is COMPLETELY STUPID AND UNNECESSARY, since juggling like that is a great skill in the first place. He would impress me more if he dropped the whole keyboard thing. I have huge respect for skilled jugglers. It's difficult.

He should have a sensor mat made (designing that should be easy enough) and practice actually playing a song. That wouldn't be much more difficult, and THAT would impress the hell out of me. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom