Another Moon Photo

I took this the other night with my D5300 on an 8" Meade. The FOV was so small I could not get all of the moon into the frame. This is a mosaic of 2 separate photos, 10 each stacked together. Unfortunately the mosaic was an after thought as it was originally just two separate photos. Focus is so so in my opinion, but you can clearly see detail on Tycho, Copernicus and Kepler. For those 2001 fans, Clavius Base :))) is just SW of Tycho at about 7 o'clock.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks! You mean you did not see the LEM's descent stage? I am going to try this again with my D850 when the moon comes around again without cloud cover. That may tax my old windows system I use... I took the D5300 photos in raw, then had to convert them because the stacking program would not read nef files. So, decided on png output files... they were 100 mb each - so each photo used 1 gig of data each. Now, with the file size on the 850 I can only imagine...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom