1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another new toy :)

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Sangetsu, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Sangetsu

Sangetsu

Apr 18, 2009
    東金市
    After getting some wonderful black and white shots with my F1, I began thinking about getting something a little smaller and lighter to carry with my in my backpack. While at the used camera shop this week I came across this little gem:

August4th2009009.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I never thought I would buy an Olympus camera, but this one is like brand new inside and out. I shot a roll of film through it yesterday, which I plan to develop tonight. I'm looking forward to the results (hopefully they come out okay).

I had planned to buy an old Pentax MX that the store also had (for $30), but someone beat me to it. But I'm happy to have found this OM4.

2. Looks very nice. I used to have an ON-10 way back when. Good camera.

3. Beautiful! There are a few of us on the forum that use OM's (Olympus Maitani). Sad to say the designer of the cameras, Maitani San, died recently.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    While I made some light-hearted comments elsewhere, his passing did have some meaning for me. I got my OM in the mid-80's when Maitani was at the crest of his career. He was a heroic figure back then, having taken on the two largest and most powerful camera companies in Japan, and immho, won.

I did get out my camera and look through "his" finder in commemoration the jewel of his life's work.

5. Congrats on getting the OM4, it's a great camera that I'm sure will give you plenty of great shots...

I bought one in the 80's, and still have it today... It was the leader in film in its day and still does a superb job today... Enjoy...:smile:...
    This is my Olympus Film collection...
    Olympus_OM-0045-nc01-1.jpg

And I also have an OM10 brand new in the box... Must try it out one day...
    Olympus_OM-0032.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.