Another night shot at Baltimore Inner Harbor

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by uupreti, Aug 12, 2017.

1. This shot was taken from closer distance with 16-35 f/4 and hence there are few distortions because of the distance. Please let me know your view on this picture. Any comments or critics are welcome.
    UME_8221-HDR.

• Like Like x 1
  2. quite nice, imo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I like this one a lot. Are you shooting jpg? If raw, what s/w are you using?

4. I usually shoot RAW. I was capture NX2 user for a longtime but recently switched to Adobe lightroom. This picture was also edited in lightroom.

5. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks, Umesh. Your comment about distortions led to my questions. LR has some very powerful tools to correct lens and other distortions. The tall building on the right is the only one I noticed that might need a little adjustment - unless it really does flare out toward the top! LOL! Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I tried those tools to best of my knowledge and came to this final image. If i try more to adjust that building, others get messed up unless there is a way to select only one structure and adjust alignment.

Thank you for the comment.

7. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Ah....I don't use LR very often.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I haven't taken night shots but I like this one, nice work.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nicely controlled lighting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you look at the picture as a whole, I wonder if that really is distortion. A lens should show distortion on both sides equally(ish), but the building to camera left is perfectly straight... and the building you are referring to seems far enough inside the frame that distortion should not affect it...

• Agree Agree x 1