Another One bites the Cream Machine dust

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Cschend, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    I just ordered the 85mm/1.4 along with the 60mm micro - And I blame you all! All the discussions about the Cream machine peaked my curiosity so I made the critical (and possibly life threatening) error of taking a peek at one the other day. It didn't let me sleep... It whispered to me for days.... It snuck into my shopping cart at B&H hiding discreetly behind the 60mm micro... and now they are both on thier way home! Thank You! My camera bag is also rejoicing!

2. Aaahh... the lust...
    Welcome to the club. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
    Mine gave me already its first 5 stars shot! :710: and it's only 2 weeks old.

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Let's see the shot, Jordan.

4. I have it in my other computer, but I think it still lives in my camera's card too (which is here), so i will go check now.
    I should start a new thread though, I don't want to hijack Christine's thread.

5. Thank you, that's what friends are for... to take the blame for you :biggrin:

6. Why don't you share it with us Jordan? :confused:

7. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Yes - I would like to see the shot too! Go ahead and post here - no need to worry about hijacking.

8. ok... I am getting there... I will make a quick jpg from my .NEF
    Since I noved everything in my job's computer nothing is easy at home :rolleyes:

9. ok... I hope I didn't mess it up very much... or else I will post it again tomorrow from my job :redface:
    I was walking in Plaka when I met Petros painting. He is a great artist! His dark skin and white hair in the sun combined with the painting in the shade was a bit of a photographer's nightmare. It was windy too.
    I had to use a medium aperture to keep everything -but the background- sharp. Thank God I had my tiny SB-400 with me (that's why SB-400 is useful) and I used a bit of flash to lighten the shadows and the painting.
    Here it is.
    Edited: It looks a mess in my ibook's screen and just a little better in my wife's Vaio. Oh dear... I have to try again, it doesn't do justice to the picture, sorry. :Sad:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  10. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Lovely shot! I just love the richness of color and the 'creaminess' this lens creates. Ohhhhhhh I can't wait.
    I'll be sure to post some images when the len arrives.

11. Welcome to the club! It's also great in low light situations. Here's two from this past weekend. My nephew playing with a new toy

12. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Ok, why did I ask to see the photos from this lens? Now I want it ahead of schedule. At least this weekend I discovered that the bokeh on the 70-200mm VR isn't a slouch, either:

441608098_5c9cdb5dea_b.

13. Welcome to the club... Looking forward to seeing some photos!!

14. mickmcco

mickmcco Guest

I made the jump, too, for both lenses, when they came up on a for sale list here on nikoncafe. I almost bought the 85 years ago, but have the 85 1.8 and could never justify it, until now. The 60 Micro was a recent thing -- one of my most respected outdoor photographer acquaintances talked about how his light field pack held a 12-24, 70-200 VR, and a 60 Micro, so it went on my wish list. There are "in the mail" and scheduled to arrive on Monday.

Now if I can just figure out how to justify a Beast.

15. i would LOOOOVE to get one of these.
    probably my favorite nikon lens.....the shots i've seen of course...never had the pleasure.
    matt

16. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Beautiful image William or Bill! I really like the 70-200 as well, but it's a little heavy for me. Good thing it has the VR otherwise every one of my shots would be blurry.
    My new lenses are scheduled to arrive on the 9th. I'll post a few shots as soon as I can take them!

17. beautiful image by the way!

18. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Thanks. I was just sitting on a bench at the lake waiting for the sun to go down. The bird was there, so I figured I may as well see what the lens could do.

19. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
  20. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK