Another One bites the Cream Machine dust

I just ordered the 85mm/1.4 along with the 60mm micro - And I blame you all! All the discussions about the Cream machine peaked my curiosity so I made the critical (and possibly life threatening) error of taking a peek at one the other day. It didn't let me sleep... It whispered to me for days.... It snuck into my shopping cart at B&H hiding discreetly behind the 60mm micro... and now they are both on thier way home! Thank You! My camera bag is also rejoicing!

Aaahh... the lust...
Welcome to the club. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Mine gave me already its first 5 stars shot! :710: and it's only 2 weeks old.

ok... I am getting there... I will make a quick jpg from my .NEF
Since I noved everything in my job's computer nothing is easy at home :rolleyes:

ok... I hope I didn't mess it up very much... or else I will post it again tomorrow from my job :redface:
I was walking in Plaka when I met Petros painting. He is a great artist! His dark skin and white hair in the sun combined with the painting in the shade was a bit of a photographer's nightmare. It was windy too.
I had to use a medium aperture to keep everything -but the background- sharp. Thank God I had my tiny SB-400 with me (that's why SB-400 is useful) and I used a bit of flash to lighten the shadows and the painting.
Here it is.
Edited: It looks a mess in my ibook's screen and just a little better in my wife's Vaio. Oh dear... I have to try again, it doesn't do justice to the picture, sorry. :Sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely shot! I just love the richness of color and the 'creaminess' this lens creates. Ohhhhhhh I can't wait.
I'll be sure to post some images when the len arrives.

Welcome to the club! It's also great in low light situations. Here's two from this past weekend. My nephew playing with a new toy

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
William Beem
Ok, why did I ask to see the photos from this lens? Now I want it ahead of schedule. At least this weekend I discovered that the bokeh on the 70-200mm VR isn't a slouch, either:

M

mickmcco

I made the jump, too, for both lenses, when they came up on a for sale list here on nikoncafe. I almost bought the 85 years ago, but have the 85 1.8 and could never justify it, until now. The 60 Micro was a recent thing -- one of my most respected outdoor photographer acquaintances talked about how his light field pack held a 12-24, 70-200 VR, and a 60 Micro, so it went on my wish list. There are "in the mail" and scheduled to arrive on Monday.

Now if I can just figure out how to justify a Beast.

Beautiful image William or Bill! I really like the 70-200 as well, but it's a little heavy for me. Good thing it has the VR otherwise every one of my shots would be blurry.
My new lenses are scheduled to arrive on the 9th. I'll post a few shots as soon as I can take them!

Real Name
William Beem
Thanks. I was just sitting on a bench at the lake waiting for the sun to go down. The bird was there, so I figured I may as well see what the lens could do.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom