1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Another one from South Bend

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Zeeman, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Zeeman

Zeeman Guest

New Guy with a D40. Please critique my photo.

DSC_0045.

2. If possible, keep your EXIF data up, and your photos to a single thread. Putting them all over the place will do nothing to help you here.

3. Some real basics to start, and I'm sure others will pick up where i leave off:
    1). Shutter speed-fastest possible-freezes action
    2). Aperture- fastest (lowest #, f/2.8 for example) possible. make those backgrounds disappear
    3). Positing- action coming at you can be more exciting than the side view, check your backgrounds for distractions then reposition to eliminate them if possible.
    4). Practice, practice, more practice and ask for help and advice-you'll certainly get it here.
    Good start here and remember the best images you see here and in sports mags/web sites are the results of years of study and hard work with a little good fortune mixed in.

4. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Crop tightly and try center weighted average. Also, as a rule of thumb, you want more space on the left of the shot than on the right. You want to give the ball some "space" to go into.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.