Another one joining...

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Thank you Bill Dewey.

I'm looking forward to a much more civil forum with emphasis on Photography not trolls.

Here is a shot from today with the new Sigma 800 (it's so long you can pretty much always touch your subject with the front end of the lens. However it is not so heavy that the Wimberley can't make it light as a feather to move. Wimberley has got to be THE photographic invention of the new millenium!)
large.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Andreas Berglund, in Kirkland, WA soon to be Duncan Vancouver Island, Canada

Andreas....

Welcome to the Cafe. Nice pic. I can't wait to see more from that monster lens. :lol:

Regards,

Frank

Good Mornin's Andreas :!: :!: :!: :!:

Ought to get some good Swan shots tommorrow moring, weather halfway permitting.

It looks like you are getting things together with that lens now, can't wait to see you carry it back up the hill in the morning :lol: :lol:

Oh, I didn't tell you about that part yet.....

I think you will like it here, good bunch of folk, only Salmon trolling is allowed.......

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Thanks for kind words about the Duck but..

The original is way sharper, I still havent really figured out how to get them ready for the web so thst they look as sharp as they do on my screen.

But thanks for the kind words, it's always encouraging.... Bill and I will try to catch some swans Tomorrow morning, and then we will see how the Sigma 800 does in low light....

andreas

Welcome

and a truly impressive image !

Once I've downscaled my image, I sometimes add a touch more USM to it before posting if it looks a little less sharp than the original. Others may have more refined techniques, but I find this works pretty OK for me.

Welcome

A big WOW on the lens and the shot. Hope you enjoy your stay and look foward to many more of these beauties with that Hubble your shootin :>))

Best
Gale

Hi Andreas,
Your duck picture is interesting and I'm trying to figure out what the duck is doing with that foot/leg up in the back. Was he landing, taking off or just paddling along?

Nice picture and that must be a very powerful lens. How much does it weigh?

Also I think Peter's idea of sharpening the internet image would be a good one for me to try. Thanks Peter for that one.

Welcome, Andreas,

Gaye

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Thanks all for the comment on the picture

The duck seemd to be standing on something in the water hence the ability for such a weird posture, it was simply stretching out a little, I wasn't quick enough to get the wing fully extended. I have read up a bit on sharpenig for the web here is one with a bit of PS CS USM, what do you guys think?
original.jpg

BTW here is a dedicated plugin for resizing, has anyone tried it looks decent
http://www.fsoft.it/imaging/en/Default.htm

Real Name
Chris
Hey Andreas,

To me it looks like he's crash-landing without his feet down - ouch!

I have a quickie sharpen-for-web action that I run anything I resize for the web through just prior to saving to my server:

quicksharpaction.gif

Anyone who wants to use this as a basis to improve on, be my guest.

Real Name
Chris
I've been web-sharpening with a high amount and low radius for a while, and I like it. Then about a year ago, someone (and I can't reember who, or I'd certainly credit them) put me onto the idea of sharpening lighten and darken layers seperately. Their method stacked layers and opacities, while I do progressive edits, flattening in between.

The tiny radius of 0.2 is the only reason I can get away with this in batch. The effect of even 500:0.2 is slight. I sometimes preceed this with a resize using 'bicubic - sharper'. And sometimes I just do the resize sharpen, but it's very subtle.

gho

I stopped using bicubic-sharper, as i get halos from it. I'll definately give your method a shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom