Another OOB: It's a montage

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Well you have to start someplace and Steve's thread encouraged me to try an OOB.
    Yup, this is my first too.
    I thought it would be harder than it was!:tongue:

I created a montage, my usual stuff, and then made an OOB (out of bounds) version.

Hope you enjoy the result.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Original montage

OOB Version

2. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Virginia,

I like your original, but the OOB really brings it alive. Very nice image and excellent OOB!! WTG!!:biggrin:

3. Virginia,

Nice job ... looks great. I'm going to have to try and learn how to do that.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very very Pretty Virginia
    Good work

5. Thanks Robert, Bob and Gale!

Gale, if you want some help trying one of these, Skype me sometime.
    Guess what? I'm finally installing CS3 today!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    So how do you like CS3
    Smart object filters:>)))))

Should be alot of fun for you

7. sfaribault

sfaribault

Feb 21, 2006
    Colorado
    Very nice.....

Steve

8. Serrator

Serrator

Aug 1, 2006
    Missouri
    Very nice Virginia!

Virginia has allowed me to play a bit with her collage here and to post it for all. I just wanted to include some shading on the frame areas to help make the 3D effect pop just a bit more. I do this step last when I create OOB's and it really brings to life the whole image in my estimation. Now I only shaded a few areas on the frame sorta quickly just for reference here. Basically I just go to the frame layer and using the burn tool and a soft brush I will burn in the shading as needed on the frame. I just did a little bit of the butterfly and a plant or two here since I don't have the psd file and it's a little more difficult working from the jpeg. But I would suspect that there should be some more shading done in under some of the other flowers/plants as well to help with the pop. Just my two cents...have fun. Thanks Virginia for the little play.

Collageedit.

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Beautiful work

this is lovely Virginia......you sure dont do things by half!!! That looks a very hard OOB to do

Great work

Best wishes

Ray

10. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    This is great, Virginia! I'm always surprised when I check in on the retouching forum at all the neat stuff going on. Beautiful.

DAB

11. Thanks Steve, Fred, Ray and DAB!

Fred, thanks so much for your help with this one!
    With smart objects you can make changes to the individual shapes, so using them for an OOB makes sense.

Yes, Fred, working on something without the layers sure makes it harder to add new effects.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera