another orange sunset over Denver

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by cwilt, May 28, 2007.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The layering of color is wonderful
    Super image

2. Nice composition.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Gale, and Vern. I have been playing with K, and this coloring comes from extreme increase in the neutrals. A little color separation curve doesn't hurt it either. Made a nice 11x23 print from it last night.

4. Lovely colors. Beautiful image, Charles.

5. Very nice indeed

6. That is incredible! Super image.

7. Thanks for another great image! We really appreciate your work and willingness to share with us.

8. This is GORGEOUS!!!! Orange is my favorite color and I am just loving this image so much! Beautiful, beautiful....

9. Lovely colour Charles, I would like to see a crop with the buildings taken out from the bottom, it may look ok??

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. I find the crop at the bottom a bit tight, maybe just my taste. However the layered orange looks wonderful. I can't follow you on the above, what do you mean by K? Black? :confused:
    And what is a color seperation curve?

12. Agreed, i love this shot !

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC

14. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. I waited for the light and was actually looking for a bit more, but I will take what I got. Shot this from my deck with the 80-400 handheld. If I remember right, those downtown buildings are about 18 air miles away.

I looked at that, but it lost that distant feeling I was going for.

:tongue::wink:

If I went any lower I would have had the tops of nearby homes in the shot. You got it right. K as in CYMK, or black. In lab if you bring the endpoints of the curves of A and B in equal amounts it helps to separate colors and increase saturation.

15. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Wow, now that picture woke me up, who needs coffee:smile:. Nice capture- Jeff

16. Beautiful indeed!

17. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thank you. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.