Another Pileated in motion

I love these large prehistoric looking birds. This one was about 6 feet away from me. Guess they are getting tolerant ..
PIleated in yard 1814 take off eh.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Another cool shot, Bob.

Not sure where the line crosses over from back yard birdie to "wildlife" and which side of the line the PW falls on. One side is a tolerant birdie. The other side is habituated wildlife. Which as we know from recent threads some people believe should carry the death penalty. For the habituatOR not the habuatED :eek:

Another cool shot, Bob.

Not sure where the line crosses over from back yard birdie to "wildlife" and which side of the line the PW falls on. One side is a tolerant birdie. The other side is habituated wildlife. Which as we know from recent threads some people believe should carry the death penalty. For the habituatOR not the habuatED :eek:
Thanks Dan... But whoa...I hadn't realized the extent that I was disrupting the natural order of things by putting out bird seed. Death penalty?? I hope to make a plea for clemency.. Must have missed the threads expressing concern for habituating wildlife.

Real Name
Dan
Thanks Dan... But whoa...I hadn't realized the extent that I was disrupting the natural order of things by putting out bird seed. Death penalty?? I hope to make a plea for clemency.. Must have missed the threads expressing concern for habituating wildlife.
I think it was back when someone posted a link about that pro being accused of baiting the fox. I think the general rule is that the death sentence is for the critter if it's a carnivorous mammal and for the human if it's a habituated bird. But I'm going to rule in your favor and say the PW is a backyard bird. Well mainly since they're in your back yard. Just don't throw any seed/suet over the fence. If you do and PETA(or is it PITA) catches you I don't know you :rolleyes:

I think it was back when someone posted a link about that pro being accused of baiting the fox. I think the general rule is that the death sentence is for the critter if it's a carnivorous mammal and for the human if it's a habituated bird. But I'm going to rule in your favor and say the PW is a backyard bird. Well mainly since they're in your back yard. Just don't throw any seed/suet over the fence. If you do and PETA(or is it PITA) catches you I don't know you :rolleyes:
LOL....thanks for the clarification.

Bob - That is such a nice shot. I really like shots of the pileated woodpeckers. Looks like your Z 7 II handled the action pretty well!
Thanks John. Action shots with the Z7ii is hit and miss. When wings are flapping and camera is set to silent and multiple frames per second I get a rolling shutter effect
where weird aberrations happen - in one case I got an extra wing on a Jay! But for slow moving and static it is a great camera

Latest threads

Top Bottom