Another Pond Lilly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Mike Z, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    After seeing Virginia's pond lilly, which I thought was excellent, I thought I would post one that I took yesterday. Usually, the middle of a bright sunny day is not a good time for flowers, but it is for pond lillies. A polarizer helped.
    Mike

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Greg,
    Thanks for the comments and yes I am close enough. I think the Air and Water Show would be a great idea.
    Mike

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice and sharp Mike. Where was this taken?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful image, Mike. You did very well!!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful...

(not showing mine)

Yes they only come out around 10 am and go to sleep early.. No choice in sunlight for sure.

7. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks to both Franks.

The shot It was taken at the Chicago Botanical Garden, which is a 385 Acre botanical wonderland just north of Chicago. I actually consider the shot almost cheating because its just from one of the many ponds in their entrance area, almost like trout fishing in a well stocked artificial pond at an outdoor show. I like the colors of this particular shot, but the polarizer helped.
    Mike