1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

another printer ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrtac2man, Sep 6, 2008.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    ok looking to go larger.. looking at the epson R1900 or the canon pixma pro 9000 would like comments on either.. thanks in advance

2. Bradford O

Bradford O

Feb 16, 2007
    Olympia, Wa
    Can't comment on the Canon 9000, but I have the six-tank Canon i9100 that produces stunning prints, but has an insatiable thirst for ink. Before you buy, investigate ink costs.

3. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    You can't go wrong with either one of them. The Epson is a bit newer than the Canon, if that matters to you. The R1900 is just one of a few printers I own. I really like it, but I will admit that I am biased towards Epson. Their products have always worked fine for me.

I have never printed a panorama or DVDs with the R1900. For discs I use Lightscribe or color printing with an Epson RX680, which I bought for an astoundingly low price of only $115 last December.

What I like best about the R1900 is the prints really have great vibrancy and subtle tones. Every print I make with it is like a new exploration into a wider gamut. The cost of the consumables can be a concern, so be sure you really want a printer of this calibre. Then again, you can leave it alone for weeks at a time and never have to worry about clogged nozzles.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Then again, you can leave it alone for weeks at a time and never have to worry about clogged nozzles.

thats what I like about my canon also.. I can live with high cost of inks for good looking prints.. have never had a bad on from my canon.. some people have even commented on the quaility of print.. took one to my local print shop had them do an 8x10 with the same file I printed on my canon.. framed both and hung them side by side.. 8 out of 10 like my canon ones better.. thanks for taking the time to comment..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.