Another Ray Inspiration ...

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by 57corvette, Jul 2, 2007.

1. I wasn't able to duplicate Rays instructions from his tutorial ..... so I created this in Paint Shop Pro. Whenever I can find some time, I'm hoping to learn more about PhotoShop and watch Rays wonderful tutorial again. Thanks Ray and all the other posters ......... it really helps the learning process for a newbie when we can look at your work.

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very excellent Bob
    I like this alot

3. We can always count on Gale to be the first to post and have a nice comment .....thank you for that.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey when it is great, it is great:>)))

That is great work...

Gott a look at all the good stuff:>)) lol
    Most of which I can not do or go see

5. very cool! I see the sign to the police station points in the other direction!

6. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Bob

I like that and the background really sets it off...you have done a great job.....AGAIN!!!!

best wishes

Ray

7. I really like the processing you have done on this Bob. My only nit would be that I don't think the page curl adds anything to the image. Nicely done.

8. Gale, Ray, Phil and Anthony ....

Thanks for looking and I appreciate the kind words. Anthony I tried different frames for this photo and didn't like anything I came up with ...... so I added the page curl. I'll look it over again and may remove it. Thanks for your input.

9. Excellent job with a period background. Steve McQueen was a nice touch. By the way, I agree about the turned page, to me it is a distraction.

10. Gordon,

Thanks for looking and for your input ...... the curled page will have to go.

11. Bob, could you share some detail about the background? Was it one of your photos or? I really like the illustration look. I am always on the look out for art deco gas stations, drive-ins and theaters to use for backdrops.
    This one really is eye catching!

Oh, and you might want to play with the hubcaps a bit... the daytime reflection is a bit distracting.

12. Conrad,

Thanks for taking a look at it ........ Trying to find backgrounds can be a very consuming task. I have spent hours on the computer looking for drive-ins, gas stations etc. to use for backgrounds. I used them mostly to put behind my Vette when I mail out real estate postcards. The ones I have used in this forum really won't work for real estate, but they do make for a fun photo. Do a Google search for the background you want ............ just be prepared to go through a lot to find a few. Thanks for writing ...

13. Thanks Bob. On your suggestion I have been googling away and I can see what you mean about it being a major time sink! Oh well, something to do in the evenings while sitting in front of the tube!

14. Conrad,

Yeah ...... I do it now and then, trying to think of new key words that might lead to new photos. I would be interested in seeing some of the ideas you have come up with.