Another Reddish for you (added Redd#2, Red Tail and Snowy)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Dec 8, 2005.

1. The images have been so great lately, I am now back to gunshy on posting images...but here's one for your pleasure!

Also testing new and 'improved' framing action...

Thanks for looking!

-Brett

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Good one Brett. Great pose.

3. :eek: You cut off his or her butt..

But a nice well exposured image.. Would have been nice to get a close up of his eyes and leg scratching himself...

Would like to go down to Bolsa and try and shoot this guy...

4. Thanks Harry...preening shots are not my favorite but I did like his display.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonder if this is a usual pose..lol I have some just like that.

Great shot.

6. Eric, he was standing on a skanky fence, I figured since I was serial cropping to begin with I may as well not be shy and attract the viewer to what I thought the focal point of the image was: His head and eye...

I have so many closeups of this guy, just need to go through my stash and post 'em up...

7. Figured that was the case...

8. The background colors work really well in this shot. I don't mind that his butt is missing!

9. Thanks Kevin, I was happy how sharp the picture came out and was hoping others would enjoy the image of our famous socal reddish egret...

-Brett

10. Nice shot Brett. I like the colorflow throughout the picture and how sharp the bird is. Kind of a nice pose as well.

Your "new and improved" frame is a keeper also - nice!

11. Nice chin scratch photo. It catches ones interest, because you had the courage to crop in a way to emphasize the scratch. Oftentimes rules are made to be broken.

12. Another one, this is a test of a full workup using ACR/CS2 instead of Capture per the RR methods then re-sizing and framing in CS2...

[​IMG]

13. Fritz: thanks :) The frame is one I tried my best to mimic from a forum member on a Canon forum (shhhh don't tell) that I like to visit to view the wildlife photos...

Muril: I've got to be honest, I have perused your website multiple times and really try to relate to your art, but you are many steps above and I mostly sit in awe. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

One random thing I noticed: the Sigma 300/2.8 sure does a nice job of making puree out of the background!!! I refuse to use Bokeh today since I have seen it used more than once today already :cool:

14. A few more from last week, instead of starting a new topic I'll just keep this one going...

[​IMG]

This one was my first attempt at a more challenging image to post process...another attempt at using ACR/CS2 combo instead of the typical NC "RR" techniques with CS2...

[​IMG]

Thanks again for looking in!

15. Brett,

Nice pic, pose and frame.

16. Cool Red Tail in the tree and the Snowy with the water in the background is nice as well...

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All just really beautiful.
    I think your PP is teriffic.

18. Very nice well composed image. The cropping in the rear does not bother me because it just forces your eye to the face and leg of the bird.

19. Thanks Jim, Gale, Eric and Gordon :)