1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

another Ruby close

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Not much else buzzing around lately:frown:

3808599300_a7f9e2d9bb_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and cooling down

3807907582_649968358e_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Nice crisp sharp photos.

Mike

3. Nice ones Glenn.

4. Thanks. They are real posers

5. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    Great shots Glenn. Thanks for sharing.

6. Thanks Larry. When I started seeing all the hawks I went back to van for tripod. I can't get the quality I want with the 150 without it and hate shooting past iso 400

7. Wow Glenn that is a super nice shot! Did you use tubes??

8. Thanks Tom. No tubes. The first is a very light crop from the sigma 150

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Spendid shots both of them.

10. Thank you Torben. They really are quite easy to get close to compared to most especially if you hang near a perch they seem to visit repeatedly.

11. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Nice work as always, Glenn. I'm amazed when the structure of the eye is visible -- they are such interesting creatures.

12. Thanks Kelly. Later I played a bit learning that UPoint in NX and it was a snap to reduce the highlights in just the eye and get even more than shown in that pic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.