Another rumour for D3

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by italy74, Jun 26, 2007.

1. It was going pretty well until I got to a separate back for B&W - what's the point?
    I also want to see how complicated the system of switching backs would be given sensor's propensity for dust.

IMO- this is a very imaginative author posting this.

Don

2. I think that the design for a B&W sensor is far simpler than it is for a color sensor. As such, less filtering is needed resulting in sharper images and lower noise.

3. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

With the film based F6, Nikon abandoned both the interchangeable back and the removable prism. They claimed it was because they didn't sell (although personally I used them on my F5's). I doubt very much they have made a comeback in corporate Nikon's philosophy.
    SD cards on their pro cameras - hmmmm.
    Being released on 1st April methinks :smile:

4. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    The same information was posted on DPR recently with the source being some Italian Nikon forum, which looks an awful lot like a copy/paste of the predictions/guesses Thom Hogan made a year ago on his site: http://www.bythom.com/roadmap.htm. I doubt this English website has any more solid info than the other rumors floating around.

I bet the Nikon PR people are really chomping at the bit to let us know what's REALLY coming though. :biggrin:

5. It will be a significant benefit to the B&W shooters. No Bayer Pattern and Demosaicing would be required and hence better light collecting ability and better sensitivity. But most importantly significantly better resolution. This will be a huge advantage.

6. I don't know about sharper but definitely will have a better resolving power.

7. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Nope, they are in the dark like the rest of us until the techie boys release the finished product. PR people are genetically designed to blab and Nikon does like it's secrets :smile:

8. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Hehe, good point. :smile:

9. Well July being Nikon's 90th anniversary would be an ideal time to announce something.

Of course that is wishful thinking.

10. pixelfun

pixelfun Guest

If that's true, I suspect the next camera from Nikon to be their "creme of the crop." :wink:

11. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Uggg histogram in VF...NO FREAKING THANKS! There is already enough CRAP in the VF as it is. Less info, more screen! All I want in there is a meter, aperture, and exposure.

12. Hummmm.... Let's see...

Modular body (interchangeable finder, back, and storage modules); the body is the host camera brains and control system, power source, lens mount, mirror box, shutter, and support system while everything else gets added on:
    10-12mp APS High Speed Back (10 fps DX crop, 12 fps HS crop)
    24mm FF Low Speed Back (3 fps FF, 5 fps DX crop)
    12mp Black and White Back
    Prism finder with real time displays (e.g. histograms)
    Card storage module (2x CompactFlash or 2x SecureDigital)
    Drive storage module (40, 80, 120GB hard drive)
    Wireless module (1x CompactFlash for backup, WiFi)

... what!? No Expresso Maker Module for the early morning shoots!!!! :eek:

13. ..."don't shoot the messenger!"

:wink:

14. yoyo

yoyo

Nov 9, 2006
    The Netherlands
    ISO...?
    :wink:

15. Yes Rich, I meant exactly that.

16. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Nope, don't want that in there either. I want a big *** vf, and the only way to do that is to eliminate all that crap. I never look at the iso inside my vf anyway.

17. Agreed, lol, seriously, if they try to pack more stuff, might as well just do a EVF like those SLR-wannabe P/S cameras - they can then configure it to display infinite possibilities and at the same time make the actual viewfinder look like crap.

18. ahoogerhuis

ahoogerhuis

Jan 19, 2006
    I'll admit that when I had my D70 and looked over at dpreview.com (after I just found that forum) I drooled. The D2x and the D100 guys made so good shots that I couldn't believe it. That's what I wanted to do. So, a year later I had a D200, I had lenses enough to cover my wants and needs.

Now I accidentally stumbled on this thread. It has to be the first time I can look at a thread of rumours about the next item to ascend to be the next contender to "greatest item since sliced bread" and say I don't care. I want a few tings here and there, I'd like another SB-800 or two, I'd like to get some more filters, and just maybe I want that 50mm f/1.4. But there's no lust or need to go after another toy for the sake of a toy... it's quite satisfying. :)

-A

19. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    I honestly want the older stuff.

I want a:
    Fuji S3
    D1X
    D1
    Kodak Pro slr/n
    F3 digital BW....hmmmm